Trade thread: players who can be on the move during/after draft

jetskid007

I figured I'd make this thread because it's very possible the Jets consider moving some players - either during the draft or sometime during trading camp - based on who they select. 

ESPN floated this possibility, which I do think could happen: 

Teddy Bridgewater, QB, New York Jets

Stick with me here: The Jets have veteran Josh McCown penciled in as the starter and are likely to take a quarterback with the No. 3 overall pick. If that pick is a guy who might be able to play right away (Baker Mayfield? Josh Rosen?), that reduces Bridgewater’s chances of even making the team in training camp. Their commitment on the new contract is only a $500,000 signing bonus that already has been paid. If some team that hoped to get a quarterback in the draft ends up disappointed, the Jets could find a trade market for Bridgewater, who won’t present much risk at all to a potential acquiring team.

Likely during the draft? No. However, I do think some teams will have interest if he's healthy and gets good reports in TC/PS. His contract is extremely affordable and doesn't have a dime of guaranteed money associated. For a team that sustains injury or misses out on QBs in the draft, it could be an option. 

Other players to keep an eye on: 

• OG James Carpenter (Seattle a great fit) 
  • WR Robby Anderson
  • WR Jermaine Kearse
  • RB Bilal Powell 
  • CB Buster Skrine

I really hope we don’t trade Robby away. Carpenter and Powell figure to be the two players who still have plenty to offer but we will go in a different direction with. 

By the way, a little side note. I’m shocked Skrine is still on the team and most of the CBs are signed now but Breeland is still not signed (because of injury). Any reports we may look to bring him in after the draft? 

I think the Jets will try to move Bryce Petty or Hack if they can get a low pick for them. I can see a team like Denver or Cards going after Hack if they miss on a QB. He is still very young and has a huge arm which Elway will like. This crazy but I also could see the jets moving a guy like Lee in the draft too. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the Jets will try to move Bryce Petty or Hack if they can get a low pick for them. I can see a team like Denver or Cards going after Hack if they miss on a QB. He is still very young and has a huge arm which Elway will like. This crazy but I also could see the jets moving a guy like Lee in the draft too. 

I can tell you right now not 1 team would give up anything for Petty

Hackenberg, maybe a future 7th

Carp, Powell, and TB are the big 3 to me. Carp will probably be traded if we are able to draft someone like Braden Smith or Mankins. TB just needs to be healthy and his value will be there for a team with a older franchise QB. I can see him with the steelers if they don't draft a QB early. 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Other players to keep an eye on: 

• OG James Carpenter (Seattle a great fit) 
  • WR Robby Anderson
  • WR Jermaine Kearse
  • RB Bilal Powell 
  • CB Buster Skrine

Out of those listings, I only see Robby Anderson as a high possibility without waiting for whom Jets draft. Jets already signed two big and fast WRs that could replace Anderson. In that case, I hope Jets make a real good trade (legit prospect) for him. 

Bridgewater, Powell, Skrine and Hackenberg could be dealt during or after the training camp.

Carpenter can be dealt any time from today to week 5 (or whenever the deadline is set)

6 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I'd like to get back into the second round, so whatever deal makes that possible would be fine by me (assuming we are talking about the six names above).

Same here. Not a single guy on that list would disappoint me if we move them. Love bilal but he’s older and not a true #1 and Robby is just a maniac off the field and we are deep at WR. 

Archived