The Jaguars media blackout

pwny

This has kinda come up a few times over the last few days on Twitter. Between the team not disclosing what some players injuries were, not seeming to be interested in discussing interest in getting extensions done, and being a bit standoffish with what the media can and can’t do, the team has really taken a different stance for how they’re allowing media to work with the team.

As a fan, this just feels frustrating to not have the same kind of apparent transparency that was present before. Coupling this with the poor implementation of social media from official channels, the team seems to be pushing back against fan interest.

Is this just Coughlin tightening up the ship? Or is there more going on there? And what are the impacts, both short and long term, going to be from this change?

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

This has kinda come up a few times over the last few days on Twitter. Between the team not disclosing what some players injuries were, not seeming to be interested in discussing interest in getting extensions done, and being a bit standoffish with what the media can and can’t do, the team has really taken a different stance for how they’re allowing media to work with the team.

As a fan, this just feels frustrating to not have the same kind of apparent transparency that was present before. Coupling this with the poor implementation of social media from official channels, the team seems to be pushing back against fan interest.

Is this just Coughlin tightening up the ship? Or is there more going on there? And what are the impacts, both short and long term, going to be from this change?

Its Coughlin. According to Prisco, Boselli, Logs, etc. its just same ole same ole. I don't like it either, but if the results on the field change I could care less to be totally honest.

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Its Coughlin. According to Prisco, Boselli, Logs, etc. its just same ole same ole. I don't like it either, but if the results on the field change I could care less to be totally honest.

It definitely seems to be Tom Coughlin. Trying to keep things on the hush and have things more focused on performing well on the football field and less of the outside things, which means less of us fans feeling connected to the team. Just like .Buzz is saying, if the team performs better as a result, then keep doing what you're doing baby. 

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

While I agree with the last part, it doesn't seem to binary. You can be a successful team and have access. A lack of access doesn't seem to lead to succes. 

1 minute ago, corry said:

While I agree with the last part, it doesn't seem to binary. You can be a successful team and have access. A lack of access doesn't seem to lead to succes. 

Never said it did, all I'm saying is that it sounds like thats what Coughlin does/is. All I'm saying is if by bringing in Coughlin and hiring Marrone and co. end up getting this organization turned around then do whatever they want to do. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Never said it did, all I'm saying is that it sounds like thats what Coughlin does/is. All I'm saying is if by bringing in Coughlin and hiring Marrone and co. end up getting this organization turned around then do whatever they want to do. 

I never said, what you just said, I said you said.  :) 

All I'm saying is, the policy will have zero effect on the field

Just now, corry said:

I never said, what you just said, I said you said.  :) 

All I'm saying is, the policy will have zero effect on the field

Haha, thats my bad. I dislike being mobile sometimes...

For sure.

My biggest issue is the lack of access regarding injuries. They’re refusing to tell anyone what’s going on. “Undisclosed injury” is how they’re all reported. The only one we knew was a player who was taken to the hospital. 

16 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah.  That's really the bottom line.  If the team starts actually winning, i think most fans will put up with a lot more, including more limited access.

If they keep being trash and losing though, the lack of access and engagement is going to be brutal.

Archived