Colts release "unofficial" depth chart

Wyld Stallyns

With a joint scrimmage coming up between the Colts and Detroit Lions heading into their preseason game Sunday. The Colts released their first depth chart 

No real surprises based on early training camp in and outs.

➡️Chester Rogers has been working with the ones in 3 WR sets.

➡️Joe Haeg and Jack Mewhort have switched spots to essentially split Haeg and Le'Raven Clark up so they have more experienced players around them.

➡️Players with an * next to their name are on PUP and were listed last at their positions. 

➡️ Earlier on I thought the 5th WR spot would be battled out between Rogers and Quan Bray but the possibility of Kamar Aiken not making the team is becoming more and more likely. One thing that could change that is how they all look playing against actual competition. 

➡️ With Kendall Langford (3T/5T) out Al Woods has stepped up as the NT which allows Jonathan Hankins to see more time at 3T and Henry Anderson at 5T which gives us one of the biggest lines we've had in awhile. Our biggest guy last year was Zach Kerr (334 lbs, now a Bronco) but we never had anyone over 318 on the line with him. 

LE/5T ~ Anderson 6'6" 301

NT/0-1T ~ Woods  6'4" 330 

DT/3T ~ Hankins 6'2" 325 

➡️ Al Woods, Grover Stewart and Jonathan Hankins have been giving the interior OL fits. The lone exception is G Adam Redmond who had held his own at times against Hankins

➡️ Jon Bostic has lined up with the ones 100% of the time even as the lone ILB in nickel and dime looks, he's also lined up with either Antonio Morrison or Edwin Jackson next to him on running downs. Sean Spence has almost exclusively lined up with the 2s

➡️ Darryl Morris has been the slot/nickel CB with the 1s throughout most of camp 

➡️ Tyvis Powell is listed as a CB but has been seeing time at FS

➡️ Morris, Nate Hairston and Powell have almost exclusively lined up inside at nickel 

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Does Gore have anything left in the tank? Who's looking like the backup?

They've been limiting his reps, keep him fresh. I'm not sure how much he'll even play in the preseason. Everything I've heard suggests there is no visible drop off yet. 

Turbin is the clear cut #2, coming in with a full off season has benefitted him as well. I've heard nothing but praise for him and Mack as well. Pagano made a point to single out Mack in presser. 

@seriously27 glad to see you made it over. 

On 8/11/2017 at 5:52 PM, stallyns said:

They've been limiting his reps, keep him fresh. I'm not sure how much he'll even play in the preseason. Everything I've heard suggests there is no visible drop off yet. 

Turbin is the clear cut #2, coming in with a full off season has benefitted him as well. I've heard nothing but praise for him and Mack as well. Pagano made a point to single out Mack in presser. 

@seriously27 glad to see you made it over. 

Thanks @stallyns The running back position is not a position I am necessarily worried about this year. Especially with all of our injury problems. I like Turbin but I am hoping Mack can come in and take that backup role. 

Archived