2018 Draft Day(s) Thread

NewAge

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Look at the Final 5 teams that we left standing in the Playoffs(Eagles, Patriots, Vikings, Jaguars, Saints)

Outside of the Patriots you got strong defense, run game, efficient passing. Saints have Brees but other than that teams are successful building balanced, complementary units. 

We still have to see what we got in guys we brought in last year and this off-season. RB is almost an easy fix and the way our offense is going who ever is carrying the ball isn't as important as making sure they know how to find the hole and hit it fast.

Darnold is a rookie, we aren't going to build this up in year 1 or 2. But it does make me go back to my about still having those 2nd round picks but you guys didn't want to hear that.

To play along with you... I’ll eliminate 2 of those teams right of the bat for you in NE and NO. They have 2 of the best ever QBs playing for them so you can’t compare weapons at that point. Darnold gets to that level then we can talk about not loading up on weapons (although Thomas is a 1 and Gronk is the equivalent to a 1).

Minnesota and Jacksonville have elite defenses. We don’t. Therefor we need more points scored by the offense to win games. These teams also have invested quality picks on offense in recent years with picks in the 1st 2 Rounds.

Jacksonville: Lee, AR15, Yeldon, Robinson, Fournette, Chark

Minnesota: Treadwell, Cook, O’Neill

Philly: Ertz, Johnson, Matthews, Agholor, Goedert.

Want to see ours?!?!

Hackenberg, Smith, Amaro.

See the difference?!??

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Should have kept our 2nd Round Picks and drafted Rosen then we could have built around him and guys would be happy now. 

Darnold is the better QB so we did fine.

I might in the minority, but I think we have RB, WR and TEs that fit this system and complement each other well.  Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we have Rice,Taylor and company but I can see us surprising some teams.

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

I might in the minority, but I think we have RB, WR and TEs that fit this system and complement each other well.  Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we have Rice,Taylor and company but I can see us surprising some teams.

they surely do.  Finding a marquee playmaker takes some time. We have Darnold so they will come.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

To play along with you... I’ll eliminate 2 of those teams right of the bat for you in NE and NO. They have 2 of the best ever QBs playing for them so you can’t compare weapons at that point. Darnold gets to that level then we can talk about not loading up on weapons (although Thomas is a 1 and Gronk is the equivalent to a 1).

Minnesota and Jacksonville have elite defenses. We don’t. Therefor we need more points scored by the offense to win games. These teams also have invested quality picks on offense in recent years with picks in the 1st 2 Rounds.

Jacksonville: Lee, AR15, Yeldon, Robinson, Fournette, Chark

Minnesota: Treadwell, Cook, O’Neill

Philly: Ertz, Johnson, Matthews, Agholor, Goedert.

Want to see ours?!?!

Hackenberg, Smith, Amaro.

See the difference?!??

We aren't at the stage of our process yet. Last year was technically YEAR 1 of the rebuild, I said that when the stripping of the roster began and no one listened. 

Now we've got the QB, next year we'll evaluate what we had on the roster and add to it in both the draft and free agency. I'm just not understanding the issue you guys are having especially considering the depth we currently have on offense. Sure we don't have a top notch talent but we're adding pieces little by little.

6 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

It was sarcasm though Darnold isn't better than Rosen.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No im a realist.

Facts are Anderson is a headcase. And I have 0 faith in him cleaning up his off the field issues.

Enunwa is coming off major neck surgery. We can read he’s healed and looks great and everything. But fact is that means nothing until he starts getting hit. And he’s a huge risk with an injury like that.

Sounds like you’re more of a pessimist. When I look at the Jets WR depth chart, I’m a lot more confident that a few legitimate WRs will emerge than I can ever remember. Do we have a dominate number one WR? Probably not, but that can be addressed next year in FA/Draft/Trade. To act like there is no talent at WR and clamoring for the Jets to draft one high this year is silly. Let’s see what they have and reevaluate after the season. 

This isn’t David Nelson or Justin McCareins as the number one. Not even close.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Time will tell but Rosen's reaction to "dropping" to 10 speaks volumes about why there were concerns.  We will agree to disagree but Darnold was best QB in class IMO ...

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

Time will tell but Rosen's reaction to "dropping" to 10 speaks volumes about why there were concerns.  We will agree to disagree but Darnold was best QB in class IMO ...

I loved his reaction and yeah Darnold has more potential but Rosen is better ATM.

8 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Sounds like you’re more of a pessimist. When I look at the Jets WR depth chart, I’m a lot more confident that a few legitimate WRs will emerge than I can ever remember. Do we have a dominate number one WR? Probably not, but that can be addressed next year in FA/Draft/Trade. To act like there is no talent at WR and clamoring for the Jets to draft one high this year is silly. Let’s see what they have and reevaluate after the season. 

You have to hope for either WR or two to re-sign with Jets to make it logical for Darnold.

7 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Danny Etling is the quarterback to watch out because it will be irrelevant if he stands out and top qbs couldn't crack in NFl as at least average qb.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I loved his reaction and yeah Darnold has more potential but Rosen is better ATM.

I have run business units and own different businesses - I have interviewed and hired 100's.  He displays a very immature, non aware of his own short coming attitude that is a top reason I have seen people not succeed.  He needed to have some humility and look inward.  If he does not address this major weakness he will fail (see Leaf, George, etc). 

10 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I’ve never said we don’t have takentvat WR. What I’ve said is we have A LOT of question marks at the position, older guy or unproven guys. Not a single WR with no issues that is proven in a multiple year fashion to groom with Darnold. And that’s my issue.

Archived