2018 Draft Day(s) Thread

NewAge

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

I have run business units and own different businesses - I have interviewed and hired 100's.  He displays a very immature, non aware of his own short coming attitude that is a top reason I have seen people not succeed.  He needed to have some humility and look inward.  If he does not address this major weakness he will fail (see Leaf, George, etc). 

Okay. My point still stands that he's currently better than Darnold. Darnold's upside is higher however. 

@Bobby816

We both agree that we should address WR next year so we’re really not far off. I guess our biggest difference is I don’t have an issue with not addressing it in this years draft. We just spent draft capital on two wide receivers last year and added Pryor in free agency. Let’s see how everyone looks in this up coming year with Sam Darnold. 

I also think drafting Jordan Leggett and Chris Herndon is adding weapons, even though you don’t seem to think so. Cannon is a crap shoot but there is nothing stopping the Jets from taking another playmaking RB in the mid-late rounds next draft. 

I can’t remember a time I was this excited about a Jets roster moving forward. Now if only Darron Lee would turn in to a pro bowler we would really be rockin’.

My only real concern is lack of attention to the offensive line. I actually think the WR corps will be fine this year, we can see which young guys are worth keeping and then look to acquire a high end WR next year if we have to. It’s not great by any means but it’s not the group we had in 2012.

The offensive line was ranked like 30th by PFF last year, and I know a lot of the problem was WJ being so abysmal it brought down the play of everyone. But I’d really like to start using an early pick or two in a draft on the offensive line. In 4 years we still haven’t used a single decent pick on one. And even with Rex gone we still seem enamored on drafting for the other line. 

29 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Now if only Darron Lee would turn in to a pro bowler we would really be rockin’.

We should of tried to see if we could move Lee for something like a 3. He sucks and unless he really turns it around next year I doubt he sticks around much longer.

Man that pick sucked, followed up by Hackenberg. Those 2 hurt.

12 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

We should of tried to see if we could move Lee for something like a 3. He sucks and unless he really turns it around next year I doubt he sticks around much longer.

Man that pick sucked, followed up by Hackenberg. Those 2 hurt.

I think it’s too soon to write him off and the Jets wouldn’t be able to recoup the value to make it worth trading him right now. This is no doubt a make or break year for him. I agree with Bowles in that he played a lot better in the 2nd half of the season. He seemed to be in the right position a lot more but just wasn’t able to make plays on the ball. He’s a taking on a much larger leadership role and potentially play-calling role so it should be interesting.

On a side note, Joe Blewett on Twitter is doing a full film review cut up for Darron Lee soon. His stuff is absolutely the best. At least 70 GIF cut ups of all the good and bad using all 22s. If you don’t follow him I advise all you to do so. He is currently doing one on Darnold after doing one on Mal and Leo.

This would actually be the worst time to move Lee. He improved all his stats. 72 tackles to 94. 1 sack to 3, 0 forced fumbles to 2, and run stuffs went up from 3-8. Still has work to do, but he's going into his 3rd season at age 23. This could be his year. 

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

This would actually be the worst time to move Lee. He improved all his stats. 72 tackles to 94. 1 sack to 3, 0 forced fumbles to 2, and run stuffs went up from 3-8. Still has work to do, but he's going into his 3rd season at age 23. This could be his year. 

Lee mostly gets crapped on because he isn’t Myles Jack or Deion Jones.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Lee mostly gets crapped on because he isn’t Myles Jack or Deion Jones.

I'm starting to believe that. I expected him to go through challenges being so young and the weight he needed to put on. He has had his shaky moments, but I'm starting to think this will be his big season. 110 tackles + 5 sacks isn't far for him. Especially if the dline improve. 

32 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

He can't even hold their jock straps.  Lee was always a bad, undersized prospect.  He provides nothing.

Don’t agree with this.

Deion Jones has become one of the best coverage LBs in the league, yes. However he doesn’t provide much on early downs as a run defender. I think Darron Lee could be a complete 3 down ILB if he puts it all together. He showed well against the run early in the season and then again late in the season. Jones and Lee are the same exact height, Lee is actually heavier. It also looks to me that Lee has gotten bigger since he was drafted. I get the frustration with Lee, but he was always a raw prospect not a bad one. 

7 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Don’t agree with this.

Deion Jones has become one of the best coverage LBs in the league, yes. However he doesn’t provide much on early downs as a run defender. I think Darron Lee could be a complete 3 down ILB if he puts it all together. He showed well against the run early in the season and then again late in the season. Jones and Lee are the same exact height, Lee is actually heavier. It also looks to me that Lee has gotten bigger since he was drafted. I get the frustration with Lee, but he was always a raw prospect not a bad one. 

Players have to be All-Pro when we get them. No time for growing pains or development.

Archived