2018 Draft Day(s) Thread

NewAge

It’s football IQ I don’t see with Lee. He lacks instincts at the NFL level in play recognition. In coverage (which was a reason we liked him) he seems to have decent coverage a lot of the time but can’t seem to ever make a play. Not sure how much of this can be coached.

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Players have to be All-Pro when we get them. No time for growing pains or development.

How many players has this regime developed? Leo Williams, the most complete player in the draft, doesn't count bc he already was a beast

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s football IQ I don’t see with Lee. He lacks instincts at the NFL level in play recognition. In coverage (which was a reason we liked him) he seems to have decent coverage a lot of the time but can’t seem to ever make a play. Not sure how much of this can be coached.

I saw a noticeable difference in instincts from year 1 to 2 regardless of his PFF grade. If he makes the same jump or better this season it will be a great sign. He was lost his rookie season, which was not the case last year. If anything he was just a half second off a lot of the time.

It’s also only been a few years, so it’s not fair to say they suck at development. If Adams, Leo, and Lee don’t improve this year then we can have that discussion.

I’d be surprised if the Jets don’t have a top 10 defense this season. And it will have been completely built from the ground up by this regime.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That is a true statement. I saw it so many times since he as been here. On pass coverage he is in good position but can't make a INT or bat the ball down. I don't think it is the coaching, it look like a reflex thing. The kid has real good speed, how do you correct bad reflex? His run defensive has been very good. I am glad someone else has notice his coverage problem. 

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Players have to be All-Pro when we get them. No time for growing pains or development.

There’s times for players to step up however and I think this is a big year for Lee. Same can be said for Jenkins/Mauldin and Shell. If two/three of those four can really step up and be big time pieces on this team we will be in a good spot heading into next year. 

To be fair when was the last all- pro we had? Lol

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

There’s times for players to step up however and I think this is a big year for Lee. Same can be said for Jenkins/Mauldin and Shell. If two/three of those four can really step up and be big time pieces on this team we will be in a good spot heading into next year. 

To be fair when was the last all- pro we had? Lol

I agree guys have to step up but it takes reps and opportunity. The inconsistency has been in both the players and their playing time because we’ve been bet heavy. 

Lee, Mauldin can both be good players at Will and Rush. They’ve shown flashes now it’s time to put it together. 

And I think Revis in 2011.

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He reacts late because he thinks too much. At tOSU he was to the ball, playing fast. With us he’s not playing in that same role. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He reacts late because he thinks too much. At tOSU he was to the ball, playing fast. With us he’s not playing in that same role. 

I think that’s being very generous to him. I think he might just be one of those guys that looked good in college but doesn’t at the next level. Trust me I hope he becomes our athletic LB that we all want. But he shows no consistency and his instincts are a step behind. He’s had 2 of the best leaders we’ve ever had at ILB to teach him in Harris and Davis, if he couldn’t learn with their help he won’t with anyone’s imo.

Archived