Who do you not want your division rivals to get?

Jason_Bengal_Fl

On 5/4/2018 at 3:44 AM, SBLIII said:

lol

Not my favorite draft as far as NFCE rivals are concerned lol. The only good thing that happened in that sense was Dallas didn't take 2 or more players that I didn't want them to have. Oh well. SB Champs!

Giants=RB Barkley

Did not want them to draft him, but knew it was highly possible.

My only happiness that comes from this, is Eli is in "suck mode" now & Barkley will most likely not help them like it would have a few years ago.

When Eli was in his prime & they had the coke machine & Bradshaw, they were difficult to stop.

Fortunately, Eli isn't Eli anymore & Barkley isn't 6'3" 270lbs.

And who knows? Maybe they missed out on a possible HOF in the making QB?

Cowboys=WR Calvin Ridley

I personally think Ridley will be a stud!

Very happy they did not get him, to replace Dez Bryant.

Now teams can focus on Zeke. Dak better be ready. Teams will be coming after him with no Dez or Witten.

Very glad they missed out on both Ridley & Sutton actually.

Eagles=Guice

There was a lot of talk of them taking him @#32. I would gave been crying in devastation had they done that.

Not just because we wouldn't have him, but him on that Eagles Offense. Wow!

They would have owned that Division for a decade!

Thank god that's not going to happen now! ???

Woo hooooo!

37 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Giants=RB Barkley

Did not want them to draft him, but knew it was highly possible.

My only happiness that comes from this, is Eli is in "suck mode" now & Barkley will most likely not help them like it would have a few years ago.

When Eli was in his prime & they had the coke machine & Bradshaw, they were difficult to stop.

Fortunately, Eli isn't Eli anymore & Barkley isn't 6'3" 270lbs.

And who knows? Maybe they missed out on a possible HOF in the making QB?

Cowboys=WR Calvin Ridley

I personally think Ridley will be a stud!

Very happy they did not get him, to replace Dez Bryant.

Now teams can focus on Zeke. Dak better be ready. Teams will be coming after him with no Dez or Witten.

Very glad they missed out on both Ridley & Sutton actually.

Eagles=Guice

There was a lot of talk of them taking him @#32. I would gave been crying in devastation had they done that.

Not just because we wouldn't have him, but him on that Eagles Offense. Wow!

They would have owned that Division for a decade!

Thank god that's not going to happen now! ???

Woo hooooo!

Psshh, we'll take Etienne or Swift in 2020, and continue to own the east long after Ajayi's joints give out. 

I'm glad New Orleans didn't take Lamar Jackson. I can only imagine what Payton would do with him, especially after having him sit for a few years. Jackson and Kamara would be an unfortunate backfield to have to face.

20 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Derwin James in Green Bay. Dont care about the rest. Chicago and Detroit dont worry me ever.

Totally agree, I was very glad they did not get James in the draft no doubt, it was so close they were only one pick away.  I was also super glad they did not get Davenport which most had him being taken by the Packers.  In terms of who they did get, Alexander is a very good corner though but he has gotten injured a lot the past few years so will see how he does in that regard.  Sucks they got JK Scott he is a damn good punter and his ability to not allow a return with the height he gets, that is a massive weapon most do not think about.   Equanimeous St. Brown could be a real steal and a half, I really liked his size and ability to run, and if he does not work out Marquez Valdes-Scantling will who is another big tall target who is a great athlete and can really run.  

As UDFA, sucks they got Tyler Lancaster, I liked him as a potential DT, super strong kid and some even have him as a possible OG in the NFL.  And Kyle Meadows is a solid developmental OT, I liked his run blocking at Kentucky and thought he should have been a 5th-7th round draft pick.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:53 PM, Ozzy said:

Totally agree, I was very glad they did not get James in the draft no doubt, it was so close they were only one pick away.  I was also super glad they did not get Davenport which most had him being taken by the Packers.  In terms of who they did get, Alexander is a very good corner though but he has gotten injured a lot the past few years so will see how he does in that regard.  Sucks they got JK Scott he is a damn good punter and his ability to not allow a return with the height he gets, that is a massive weapon most do not think about.   Equanimeous St. Brown could be a real steal and a half, I really liked his size and ability to run, and if he does not work out Marquez Valdes-Scantling will who is another big tall target who is a great athlete and can really run.  

As UDFA, sucks they got Tyler Lancaster, I liked him as a potential DT, super strong kid and some even have him as a possible OG in the NFL.  And Kyle Meadows is a solid developmental OT, I liked his run blocking at Kentucky and thought he should have been a 5th-7th round draft pick.

You'll have to wait and see who GB gets with the 2019 first rounder before you can really be glad they didnt' take Davenport:ph34r:

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, ArthurPensky said:

You'll have to wait and see who GB gets with the 2019 first rounder before you can really be glad they didnt' take Davenport:ph34r:

Might as well be a second rounder coming from New Orleans

15 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Might as well be a second rounder coming from New Orleans

Riiiiiight, season record is set in May. NO never has a history of under performing and a few injuries couldn't' change things.

That said, even a late first made that trade well worth it from a value standpoint. Sure, Davenport could turn out to be a stud and change things, but so could Alexander and the 2019 first round pick.

Marcus Davenport was my #6 rated player in this draft class. Behind 5 guys that I thought were truly elite draft prospects. So I expect him to be well worth the trade. As with all things, we'll have to wait and see. But I expect New Orleans to be very happy with their selection.

Archived