Eagles Draft Thread - When you're here, you're Champions! ™

Kiltman

53 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

The point value system does nothing for me. I'm sure others feel differently, but personally, I just don't give a hoot about draft values. If a team is trading into the first for a quarterback, I expect more, regardless of what the arbitrary number value system says.

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I agree (although Warner is good too), but think there are some better prospects at other positions.

I don't know.  I don't think there's a whole lot separating Leonard from Roquan as a prospect,  besides 40 time and school. They both do very similar things.  If Ro is worth a top 10 pick, then Leonard is easily worth a mid 2nd imo.

8 minutes ago, Phire said:

The point value system does nothing for me. I'm sure others feel differently, but personally, I just don't give a hoot about draft values. If a team is trading into the first for a quarterback, I expect more, regardless of what the arbitrary number value system says.

having the 32nd pick is practically a second round pick... it would be different if we were drafting in the 20s

28 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

2 questions here....

1.) Would you trade Kendricks after he played so well last year?

2.) Do you guys think we trade Kendricks today?

Would I? Absolutely not because I don't think we get sufficient value in return for him.

I don't know if we trade him today, but I think it will be before the start of the 2018 season.

26 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

- saying this draft is heavy at the 2nd - 3rd rounds is another way of saying it has a lot of ok to mediocre talent, so I would rather have us take the best available as early as possible. 

Honestly after the top 12 or so, the talent between the middle of the first and middle of the 3rd is super interchangeable. There's no way we were going to get any of that higher tier talent, so there's literally no reason to not trade down.

Would be smart for the eagles to to what the packers did. Traded back 13 spots in first picked up a 1st then traded up 9 with just a 3rd round pick and still got there guy and a first next year. Maybe offer a 4th and next years 4th to move up in 2nd and take will, guice, josh. 

55 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

2 questions here....

1.) Would you trade Kendricks after he played so well last year?

2.) Do you guys think we trade Kendricks today?

1) Yes. It is a money thing. They just paid Bradham and 3 LB's dont play enough to justify paying 3 big money. I think they like Kendricks the least of the 3.

2) i hope so

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Would be smart for the eagles to to what the packers did. Traded back 13 spots in first picked up a 1st then traded up 9 with just a 3rd round pick and still got there guy and a first next year. Maybe offer a 4th and next years 4th to move up in 2nd and take will, guice, josh. 

That would forgive everything 

12 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I'm still disappointed in the value of the trade last night but I trust in Howie. 

I think we'll take either a TE, CB or WR and I'm also expecting to see us make some moves to try and get back into the third round. 

If you count is as a mid 2nd than it is a 200 pts favor to the Eagles according to TVC. If you count it as pick 32 of the 2nd (ha) Eagles still come out like 50 points ahead on TVC

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If you count is as a mid 2nd than it is a 200 pts favor to the Eagles according to TVC. If you count it as pick 32 of the 2nd (ha) Eagles still come out like 50 points ahead on TVC

As someone mentioned earlier the TVC really does nothing for me. I understand the logic of trying to stockpile picks for next year when the budget is going to get tight - however, a trade up for a quarterback should cost a team more then what Baltimore gave up.

Like I said, I think we'll make some moves today and it wouldn't surprise me to see some players floated around. I'm cautiously optimistic that Howie has a few tricks up his sleeve. 

4 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

As someone mentioned earlier the TVC really does nothing for me. I understand the logic of trying to stockpile picks for next year when the budget is going to get tight - however, a trade up for a quarterback should cost a team more then what Baltimore gave up.

Like I said, I think we'll make some moves today and it wouldn't surprise me to see some players floated around. I'm cautiously optimistic that Howie has a few tricks up his sleeve. 

One of those tricks better be trolling the **** out of that stadium with our pick. If not this draft is a failure even if we end up with Reid, Guice, Goedert, Williams and Warner and 3 1st round picks.

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

The Eagles couldn't have done what GB did. GB had a high first to deal away for a future first... no ones trading a first for the 32nd pick. 

3 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

The Eagles couldn't have done what GB did. GB had a high first to deal away for a future first... no ones trading a first for the 32nd pick. 

Missing my point, we got a second out of it and we could only use a 4th to trade back up and get who we want

Archived