Eagles Draft Thread - When you're here, you're Champions! ™

Kiltman

17 hours ago, Danger said:

Foles got a raise for what he did in the postseason.

That's good of the front office then. Can't take a "what have you done for me lately" attitude with someone that brought a championship to the city. But yeah we can't keep that up year after year. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Feels like we basically just drafted Goedert. Doubt the other guys stick. 

I'm sorry man, but I'm still laughing at this.

Doubt the others will stick?

EG0NM.gif

I mean we still have Smallwood on the team.

Do you realize how long Jaylen Watkins stuck around?

I could go on for days with examples.

Whether the 4 guys we took on the last day (!!!) of the draft will be good is up in the air obviously as most day 3 players don't turn into good players, but whether they will stick or not shouldn't be up for much debate.

I'll almost guarantee most of these guys will be on the 53 man roster come 2019 and probably 2020 with the exception of Jordan Maliata since he has no football experience, but even he will likely stick on the practice squad for a couple years.

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm sorry man, but I'm still laughing at this.

Doubt the others will stick?

EG0NM.gif

I mean we still have Smallwood on the team.

Do you realize how long Jaylen Watkins stuck around?

I could go on for days with examples.

Whether the 4 guys we took on the last day (!!!) of the draft will be good is up in the air obviously as most day 3 players don't turn into good players, but whether they will stick or not shouldn't be up for much debate.

I'll almost guarantee most of these guys will be on the 53 man roster come 2019 and probably 2020 with the exception of Jordan Maliata since he has no football experience, but even he will likely stick on the practice squad for a couple years.

They might be on the roster, but they probably won't be playing much outside the preseason,  ala Steve Means. I guess I'm saying Goedert is the only guy I view as average starter or better.

I understand the hope with Sweat and Maddox, because they are super athletic, but I doubt they manage to transcend bench status, especially Rugby guy.

Archived