DOLPHINS PICK THREAD

Tetsujin

I am so happy that we finally got a TE. If you look at the TE's on the roster, they are all move TE's. Not a single one is a blocking TE. I wonder if the Phins are going to pull a page out of the Patriots playbook and put in the swing O-lineman as the blocking TE in the redzone. Gesicki is a super sized WR. A former basketball standout, he has probably the best hands for a TE in the draft. He has a huge catch radius, and can go up and get contested balls with ease. He is the type of receiver that you tell the QB to place the ball over his head, allowing him to block out smaller LB's and CB's. Gesicki is a match up nightmare. He doesn't have elite acceleration, but he doesn't need it. Day one starter.

43 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

If you look at the TE's on the roster, they are all move TE's. Not a single one is a blocking TE. I wonder if the Phins are going to pull a page out of the Patriots playbook and put in the swing O-lineman as the blocking TE in the redzone.

I was saying the same thing when he was taken. 4 move TEs on the roster.

3 minutes ago, Wolverines said:

Would you mind to elaborate...

He's a very stiff runner, he has good hands and decent straight line speed, but he will NEVER make anyone miss in the open field and his change of direction is dreadful. And don't ask about blocking. He's also not at all physical. He's super lanky and it's hard to believe he weighs 250 looking at him on the field.

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's a very stiff runner, he has good hands and decent straight line speed, but he will NEVER make anyone miss in the open field and his change of direction is dreadful. And don't ask about blocking. He's also not at all physical. He's super lanky and it's hard to believe he weighs 250 looking at him on the field.

Yeah it just depends on what your offense needs. Gesicki is the seam threat with terrific hands that is great at “going after the ball”. If you need/want a more traditional TE, Goedert is your guy. It makes all the sense in the world that Gase would want a move TE, since that’s what he’s always tried to incorporate.

Archived