2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

56 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I doubt we get him for a 7th in the supplemental draft, but if it’s possible, I’d love to.

If we want him, we’d probably have to give up a mid round pick for him.

Do you think he’s worth a 4th? It seems to me talent wise he is worth it so, I’d take the risk.

I’m wondering what you and @lavar703 think about that.

I like him. He's talented. You could talk me into a 5th definitely because of all the compensatory picks we will have (especially if those count towards what we give up).

I think we need to look into this supplemental draft...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000935996/article/brandon-bryant-sam-beal-to-apply-for-nfl-supplemental-draft

Bryant was selected last year to NFL.com's list of 

college football's fastest players and most freakish athletes. He's been timed as fast as a 4.24 seconds in the 40-yard dash, and can deadlift 600 pounds. At 5-foot-11, 200 pounds, Bryant made 32 tackles last year for the Bulldogs, including a season-high 11 at Auburn. He was withheld from MSU's spring practices for academic reasons, and announced he was leaving the school in April.

Beal (6-1, 185) broke up a team-high 10 passes for WMU last year, and made two interceptions. One of those interceptions came against New York Jets first-round pick Sam Darnold in a season-opening loss to USC. Beal was a second-team All-MAC selection.

19 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I like him. He's talented. You could talk me into a 5th definitely because of all the compensatory picks we will have (especially if those count towards what we give up).

I'm pretty sure you have to give up your natural (or better) pick.

23 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im liking these guys in the sup.

Think Id put my cards as 3rd on Beal, 4th on Bryant, and 5th on Alexander. And feel somewhat confident we land one, and it will prove better than what we land in that position next year.

Right use those picks because we have those same comps except the 4th. I do like Bryant a lot!!! Alexander I really wanted this year to scout because at times he looks dominant other times it could be ugly I really wanted to grade him out this year. Bryant is a really great prospect again I’m upset because he was highly rated off my holdover notes

Archived