The Cussing Thread (Coming down from a bad draft pick thread)

Reginaldm9

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Barely played against pass rush. Barely had to throw to a receiver that wasn’t streaking open.

You make him sound he’s the perfect prospect. At least acknowledge the scheme man.

And... played with a massive chip on his shoulder due to the fact he had to walk-on twice.  How big and heavy will that chip be now that he is the #1 pick in the NFL?  And when have you ever seen Hue show even the slightest desire or ability to craft an offense around the talents of his players?  Didn't he blatantly say the Sashi didn't give him players that fit his scheme?  I just see this as a very bad fit.

I am starting to get past the grief and entering the cross-my-fingers and pray like hell phase.  But I have the same punched-in-the-gut feeling about this draft that I had about the Richardson/Weeden and Gilbert/Manziel drafts.  My instincts sure didn't deceive me on those - let's just hope, for God's sake, they are getting senile and I am totally wrong this time.

2 minutes ago, Trots said:

And... played with a massive chip on his shoulder due to the fact he had to walk-on twice.  How big and heavy will that chip be now that he is the #1 pick in the NFL?  And when have you ever seen Hue show even the slightest desire or ability to craft an offense around the talents of his players?  Didn't he blatantly say the Sashi didn't give him players that fit his scheme?  I just see this as a very bad fit.

I am starting to get past the grief and entering the cross-my-fingers and pray like hell phase.  But I have the same punched-in-the-gut feeling about this draft that I had about the Richardson/Weeden and Gilbert/Manziel drafts.  My instincts sure didn't deceive me on those - let's just hope, for God's sake, they are getting senile and I am totally wrong this time.

Same here. This one stings more because of all the losing we did to get here and how I perceived the guys we passed on vs the guy we took, but f it, it's done. Baker isn't going anywhere until he proves he can play or not. So let's hope he can.

Give him Guice and we've got an offense with a real competitive streak that's for sure.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

@Mind Character Embrace reality. Accept it. Because no amount of sulking is going to reverse these picks. Baker is an exciting prospect.

I've long since accepted it... many are just late to the party...but I can't like whenever I see Darnold hate or Baker euphoria as if he's a demigod I get upset and lash out.. I'm trying my best...

4 hours ago, Trots said:

Yeah he doesn’t have the draft position chip like Josh Rosen has but he can easily build a chip from all the haters saying he wasn’t worth the #1 overall pick and that the browns made a mistake. He can easily use that to motivate him. 

Well good thing it’s not Hues offense and he is no longer developing the schemes or game plans. God bless Haley!!!

Watched that Darnold Jets Intro Presser like...

200.gif#12-grid1

The Emotionless-Robot  Coach Todd Bowles Never Smiled So Much, He Had the Joy of a Child On Christmas, And Throughout Mccagnon and Bowles' Media Appearences They Made Sure To Say "Never Ever In All Our Wildest Dreams Did We Think Sam Would Be There... We Were Shocked & Jumped For Joy.." a ridiculous amount of times...

Dilly Dilly... HEE-HEE!!!

To me, the Giants have as much pressure to justify Darnold being a Jet as Cleveland. They took a RB, didn’t take Darnold, and didn’t take huge trade back value also. When the time runs out on Eli, the joke is on them when Davis Webb is running the no huddle offense.

58 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

To me, the Giants have as much pressure to justify Darnold being a Jet as Cleveland. They took a RB, didn’t take Darnold, and didn’t take huge trade back value also. When the time runs out on Eli, the joke is on them when Davis Webb is running the no huddle offense.

Yeah they shat the bed imo.

Archived