My Thoughts before the draft.

JustPlainNasty

It would be a nice fit to get Rashaan Evans based on need and talent. Im glad that everybody has prepared now like it is a strong possibility he wont be there.

My favorite player in this draft for our team is Minkah Fitzpatrick, and if he slipped Id give up quite a bit to get that extremely versatile difference maker on our team. Ive only "pounded" the table a few times over the last 20 or so years fortunately for me they've miraculously come true in Troy, Heath & Decastro..   was also a big fan of Woodleys coming out and somehow we got him in the 2nd.

However more realistic would be to get Evans , in the case that we dont .. I have a few 1st round alternatives I would appreciate. 

Sony Michel

Jaire Alexander

Harold Landry 

Isaiah Oliver

and two Wild cards in Taven Bryan whose pass rush ability is unlike any other 5 tech possibility and Isaiah Wynn as I think hed be a nice fit in the Burgh. I have some reluctance on Guice with some of the stuff that has become the focus rather than football. Just more distraction stuff, uhh.

Some other players I really like 

Holton Hill - CB - Texas ...was suspended for last few games for some reason but otherwise his play is standout.

Tarvarius Moore - FS - Southern Miss - was impressive

Kemoko Turay- OLB - his arrow was rocketing upward before the injury, you can see the movement ability he has is unlike any other player we have on the roster, in regards to burst and explosiveness. 

A player that I recently found and the Steelers are aware of is the WR from Cincinnati - Devin Gray. Very intriguing. 

I like a lot of corners in this draft and honestly believe we could improve on just about every corner in this draft over what we have with exception of Haden , but hes getting up there in any case and who better to learn from and work with. 

There are opportunities at safety and as much as I have listed it as our top need for the last 5-7 years I would prefer we take a more talented corner than reach for a safety or a especially subpar linebacker. 

I also like 

Dorian O'Daniel

Ogbonnia Okoronwko might not be ideal for everybody based on todays game, but the position is still about pass rushing and not covering. Ive never seen a player work harder than he did in the Texas game this year, especially at the end when he was exhausted and still kept coming. Id want him on my team thats for sure. 

I believe Robert Foster and possibly Saeed Blacknall are riding way under the radar due to lack of exposure. 

I liked Greg Gimlore and BJ Hill. 

Sorry I dont have a mock for you guys, as I applaud all of you that put yourselves out there. 

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

JPN, 

what did you think of trading Martavis for a the raiders 3rd?

I thought the Browns would have went Barkley1 and Mayfield after, but they passed on Barkley.   Lets see what colbert does in a few moments.

I like getting value for him and not thinking about paying him. I never liked his lack of aggressiveness to the ball. I know hes big, but he never played like it. 

Archived