1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

27 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Damn, so we foot the bill if he ends up doing PEDs or harasses cops on a bonding session with Robby?

I would very much like to watch the tv series "Bonding with Robby"

The Jets have 23 coaches on their staff & no QB coach. You would think after drafting our future QB we would have a coach who would spent 24 hours a day just working with Darnold. It looks like Bates the offensive coordinator will also be QB coach, I am not crazy about that idea. Bates is going to have his hands full running the offensive.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

The Jets have 23 coaches on their staff & no QB coach. You would think after drafting our future QB we would have a coach who would spent 24 hours a day just working with Darnold. It looks like Bates the offensive coordinator will also be QB coach, I am not crazy about that idea. Bates is going to have his hands full running the offensive.

I agree but I’m guessing that McCown will eventually be spend a lot of time working with him.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Couple reasons behind this. McCown is pretty much a QB coach. If he would've retired he would have been a prized QB coach. Also Bates who's now our OC is a QB Coach. Therefor he probably wants to have control over the QBs along with the offense. I actually prefer it this way. Too many opinions teaching you can cause confusion.

27 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

It's crazy to think that we may have the best QB room in the NFL. I fully anticipate Darnold winning the starting job, and I think it's easy to project a Teddy-for-Fowler trade. We may even get more for him when all is said and done. 

I was gonna comment how Fowler is worth much more than Teddy, but I did some light research and realized that Fowler is actually bottoming out in terms of value while Teddy's continues to rise.

11 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I was gonna comment how Fowler is worth much more than Teddy, but I did some light research and realized that Fowler is actually bottoming out in terms of value while Teddy's continues to rise.

Correct. And Maccagnan has made a habit of seeking out those bottoming-out players he once valued during their respective draft processes. Only makes sense because while Fowler is not living up to his draft expectations, he's still been a productive pass rusher who can certainly be an impact starter in the league, just may not be for Jacksonville.  

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Correct. And Maccagnan has made a habit of seeking out those bottoming-out players he once valued during their respective draft processes. Only makes sense because while Fowler is not living up to his draft expectations, he's still been a productive pass rusher who can certainly be an impact starter in the league, just may not be for Jacksonville.  

I’d be all for a Teddy for Fowler trade.

Archived