1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

30 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Lmao how long have you been on this forum? I think I drove the Sanchez sucks train. Unless this is pure sarcasm in which case we’ll done.

Haha it was sarcasm at its finest!! 

16 hours ago, ekill08x said:

The more I watch of Darnold the things that stand out are that his offensive line and receivers (after juju left) were pretty bad, and he still puts almost every ball right on the money. I am excited for this kid. 

That's what I am saying. He was throwing into tight windows, throwing guys open, looking off safeties, and eluding the rush. This guy is a stud. It's not like his highlights are him throwing to wide open guys. It really seems like Darnold made USC competitive. 

before the draft all the Mayfield and Rosen hype made me want them more, but I also didn't believe we'd have any chance at Darnold. He is now our franchise, hopefully for the next 20 years and I am so pumped! can't believe #SuckForSam actually happened lmao

Listening to the Rich Eisen show and i legit got goosebumps. Hearing him talk about Darnold keeps me thinking that we’ve made the best move in the last 50 years. 

When other prospects who had been drafted were calling teams out for passing them, going to parties etc.... Sam Darnold was at a children’s hospital in NJ. 

Listening and watching his interviews and interactions with his family he comes across as a mature, hard working, no B.S kind of guy. Someone who will be the first and last to leave the facility everyday. 

This kid will be the best thing to happen to us (as Jet fans) in our lifetime. @doumeyer and a few of the other older guys maybe might have other things as they’ve seen us win a Super Bowl. But this is the change that’s been needed for forever. 

15 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Listening to the Rich Eisen show and i legit got goosebumps. Hearing him talk about Darnold keeps me thinking that we’ve made the best move in the last 50 years. 

When other prospects who had been drafted were calling teams out for passing them, going to parties etc.... Sam Darnold was at a children’s hospital in NJ. 

Listening and watching his interviews and interactions with his family he comes across as a mature, hard working, no B.S kind of guy. Someone who will be the first and last to leave the facility everyday. 

This kid will be the best thing to happen to us (as Jet fans) in our lifetime. @doumeyer and a few of the other older guys maybe might have other things as they’ve seen us win a Super Bowl. But this is the change that’s been needed for forever. 

God I hope so man! We all deserve it. I like the leadership we have added and the desire to win. 

We now have it on both sides of the ball, though I wish Jamal would talk less. Hasn’t hasn’t a pick yet and he’s trolling Allen lol. Get to work young man, you got a ways to go. 

Nah, I love Jamal talking. That is his personality, hes a fiery and passionate guy. He loves the game so much, hes always paying attention to what hte Jets are doing, hes like a fan and I love that lol.  

Sam Darnold is the best thing that has happened to this franchise, the Browns basically chose Mayfield over Darnold because Mayfield talks more and they think that is what is needed to change a franchise lol. WHenever I see Mayfield talking I just want to punch him, I am glad he isn't our QB, hes too cocky. Darnold has the demeanor that a lot of the top QBs have, hes the total package. I still can't believe we landed this dude, I never thought we had a chance. 

Was totally fine with the trash talk on Allen haha that was hilarious. I think it was playful and not really the type of comment that makes you say "just shut up and play." Like, if I'm Allen I'm getting a good laugh from that. Good stuff. 

I was fine with the Jamal stuff. He said something to Baker also. Something to the effect of see you September 20th. Jarvis Landry, former LSU I player I might add, shot back at Jamal. Can't remember exactly what he said. Something like, yea we'll see you then.

it's all fun and games. Jamal clearly loves the game. And he is a Jets fan. Leo is not as vocal but even he was tuned into the draft and was excited we drafted Darnold. These guys want us to get better so we can win. 

Makes sense, he was #14 in college might as well stay.  Not a bad number.

I was listening to Rob Ryan talk about Darnold, he said he believes he landed in a great situation and a underrated factor is how great it is that he has Josh McCown here. He said McCown is a special person and is a great presence in a QB room that he will help Darnold a ton with his development. 

Rob Ryan was critical of Mayfield, said hes not a Drew Brees cause he hates how he leaves his pocket too much and thinks it will get him into trouble in the NFL because hes not that fast as some other mobile QBs. He said Brees knew how to work a pocket, but Mayfield is quick to abandon it. 

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Makes sense, he was #14 in college might as well stay.  Not a bad number.

I was listening to Rob Ryan talk about Darnold, he said he believes he landed in a great situation and a underrated factor is how great it is that he has Josh McCown here. He said McCown is a special person and is a great presence in a QB room that he will help Darnold a ton with his development. 

Rob Ryan was critical of Mayfield, said hes not a Drew Brees cause he hates how he leaves his pocket too much and thinks it will get him into trouble in the NFL because hes not that fast as some other mobile QBs. He said Brees knew how to work a pocket, but Mayfield is quick to abandon it. 

I've been saying that about Mayfield this whole time lol. 

It's just one thing though, he was still a good prospect. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

When do people think Darnold will start?

prob within the first 4 weeks ... hes a gunslinger so hes gonna throw picks ... but also make things happen ... prob gonna get him in pretty early and live with it

Archived