1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

19 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Nick Fokes just QBd a SB winning team. You don’t need an elite QB. You need a good QB. And look at the weapons Philly has. Way better than ours.

Philly’s “weapons” are exactly world beaters. 

Again they have the right recipe 

Good/Great O-Line

Versatile Backs

Wideouts/TE who work themselves open and have good hands

Good QB play

We’re building towards that at the moment but have some pieces in place, potential in others and obviously room to grow in some areas as well.

39 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Good/Great O-Line

Versatile Backs

Good QB play

We’re building towards that at the moment but have some pieces in place, potential in others and obviously room to grow in some areas as well.

You are pretty accurate, I also feel for the first time in years we are headed in the right direction. For me it has been a long wait, longer than anybody else on this board.

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Good/Great O-Line

Versatile Backs

Good QB play

Ajayi > Crowell

Ertz > Whoever will plays TE for us

Jeffrey, Agholor, Smith > Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

You are pretty accurate, I also feel for the first time in years we are headed in the right direction. For me it has been a long wait, longer than anybody else on this board.

Lol you’re older but I was following them since 65 so my wait is just as long. So many bad years but 4 years where I felt we had a good chance were in 82 when Shula didn’t have the field covered and McNeil was useless in the mud; 86 when Mehl and than Klecko went down when we were 10-1 (I think Gastineau was also out for most of the season); 98 when if they had instant replay I think a bad call on Leon Johnson might have been reversed and 2010 when we just came out I’ll prepared for Pittsburgh. But since the Super Bowl we have had almost double the amount of 10 or more losses in a seasons as those with 10 or more wins.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ajayi > Crowell

Okay where did I say our guys were better. I knew one of you would jump out the window. I said their players aren’t world beaters. Then listed what they have in place. 

I just knew someone would do the whole 

Their position group>Our position group. 

I just knew it once I came on and seen notifications, good God I knew it. 

Funny part is I never said we had better pieces, I said we are working towards that. 

Holy crap I knew someone would do this.

I actually think Anderson, Q, Pryor, and Kearse is pretty solid as is Crowell, Powell, and McGuire.  TE is really our wild card but if one of these guys steps up we'll be fine at our skill positions.

Moving forward we could use a #1-#2 WR type if Kearse/Pryor aren't long term answers and probably another RB as Powell is getting up there too.  TE has potential but if nobody steps up that will be a need.  This year will tell a lot if one of the TE's steps up, Anderson/Q prove to be long term pieces and McGuire owns that 3rd down RB role.

Going into this year though we have nice potential on all three levels.  Would really like the skill guys to step up because the OL needs some upgrading. 

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I actually think Anderson, Q, Pryor, and Kearse is pretty solid as is Crowell, Powell, and McGuire.  TE is really our wild card but if one of these guys steps up we'll be fine at our skill positions.

Moving forward we could use a #1-#2 WR type if Kearse/Pryor aren't long term answers and probably another RB as Powell is getting up there too.  TE has potential but if nobody steps up that will be a need.  This year will tell a lot if one of the TE's steps up, Anderson/Q prove to be long term pieces and McGuire owns that 3rd down RB role.

Going into this year though we have nice potential on all three levels.  Would really like the skill guys to step up because the OL needs some upgrading. 

Our WR group isn’t bad. But there’s no stability within the group is my issue. Enunwa and Anderson have question marks. Stewart and Hansen have barely played. Pryor is 30 and a FA after this year as well as Kearse is a FA after this year. TE we have no one that’s proven really. Crowell is the only guy proven with no question marks that’s still younger. And he’s a FA in 2 years. And She’ll is the only OL that is young that we control beyond this year really. A lot of question marks with no long term talent in place. And that’s my issue. And this is what happen when you spend 1st Rounder after 1st Rounder on defense and wait until the mid late rounds to get offensive talent. And it will no doubt continue to be an issue for this team for several seasons. Bc it can’t be fixed in 1 offseason. Hopefully we don’t ruin Darnold bc of lack of talent around him. And that’s the biggest part of this. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Our WR group isn’t bad. But there’s no stability within the group is my issue. Enunwa and Anderson have question marks. Stewart and Hansen have barely played. Pryor is 30 and a FA after this year as well as Kearse is a FA after this year. TE we have no one that’s proven really. Crowell is the only guy proven with no question marks that’s still younger. And he’s a FA in 2 years. And She’ll is the only OL that is young that we control beyond this year really. A lot of question marks with no long term talent in place. And that’s my issue. And this is what happen when you spend 1st Rounder after 1st Rounder on defense and wait until the mid late rounds to get offensive talent. And it will no doubt continue to be an issue for this team for several seasons. Bc it can’t be fixed in 1 offseason. Hopefully we don’t ruin Darnold bc of lack of talent around him. And that’s the biggest part of this. 

No long term pieces sure but we have talent around him.  The OL while not set long term should be average this year and the skill positions while again not long term set is deep at WR and RB and has some young talent at TE.  We are not sending him out there with a sieve OL and Jermey Kerley like we did with Geno.  Darnold has plenty around him to be successful.

3 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Lol you’re older but I was following them since 65 so my wait is just as long. So many bad years but 4 years where I felt we had a good chance were in 82 when Shula didn’t have the field covered and McNeil was useless in the mud; 86 when Mehl and than Klecko went down when we were 10-1 (I think Gastineau was also out for most of the season); 98 when if they had instant replay I think a bad call on Leon Johnson might have been reversed and 2010 when we just came out I’ll prepared for Pittsburgh. But since the Super Bowl we have had almost double the amount of 10 or more losses in a seasons as those with 10 or more wins.

You brought up another touchy point with me that playoff game to get in the SB, when Shula not only didn't cover the field he also plug all the drains. That McNeil was such a great player. Even this bad memories can't dampen my enthusiasm for the direction the Jets are headed.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ajayi > Crowell

I disagree on Ajayi and Crowell. I think at worse they are even but I would take crowell any day over Ajayi. Crowell is a much better blocker and has better hands. Ajayi sucks unless he has a big hole they can not create at all. Crowell did really well with that crap Browns O-line they had for the last few years. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree on Ajayi and Crowell. I think at worse they are even but I would take crowell any day over Ajayi. Crowell is a much better blocker and has better hands. Ajayi sucks unless he has a big hole they can not create at all. Crowell did really well with that crap Browns O-line they had for the last few years. 

I agree. They are close. We have better depth at running back. So I think we have the edge at that position. 

Our receiving group is missing that one guy. My hope for this year is that at least 2 of Anderson/Enunwa/Hansen establish themselves as “stable” number 2s. Anderson and Enunwa have shown the talent to be at least number 2s. But they have injury or off the field risk to overcome. Then we can hopefully draft a potential number WR in the first (a few guys might have the chance including AJ Brown). Hopefully one of our TEs is decent and boom. I don’t think these are wild expectations. Pretty reasonable. I think that’ll do it for offensive weapons. Then just focus on the o-line. 

The Eagles Weapons weren't special. They were good but a lot of it was scheme. They didn't have a #1 WR who would dominate games. They did have a stud TE that helps things. Their OL was very good which is a huge thing, we really need to stack OL next offseason. 

On defense they stacked DL and pass rushers, which is what we need to do but refuse every offseason to do. If you can't put consistent pressure on the QB you won't have a great defense.  Doug Pederson was a gutsy HC who took a lot of chances that paid off. 

Our WRs are not bad, a good QB can make it work. With Enunwa back and Pryor, plus another year of experience for the young guys. Our WRs are better this season than last, yet McCown was tearing it up. Our #1 need for offense next season is building that beast OL. You do not need a ton at WR, a good QB and scheme will make guys work. A big reliable TE is a huge factor for offenses though, we'll see if we have any with the young guys this year. 

Robbie Anderson is a playmaker at WR, when he plays he stretches the field and is a threat to score. Enunwa will be a big addition as hes versatile and can get YAC. Kearse is a reliable veteran, he was making plays with McCown. 

Pryor is a big lanky WR, if hes healthy he is gonna be a big target for a QB. Stewart is talented, but IDK about him. Same thing with Hansen. I think Crowell is just as good as any RB for a winning team, hes solid nothing special which is what a lot of teams have. 

My thing is the OL, I don't trust them. If Carpenter and Winters play better, then we should be okay. Spencer Long is solid at center but injury prone. How was Shell at RT? Beachum is okay.

Archived