1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

On 6/5/2018 at 3:35 PM, GangGreen420 said:

Pretty sure the Eagles had the #1 offensive line in the league last year. Pretty much begins and ends there. 

100%. A good QB and O-line with our receiving group would be a very good offense. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

100%. A good QB and O-line with our receiving group would be a very good offense. 

I agree with that. And that plays along with what I've been saying. There's really no for sure long term starters on this offense outside of Darnold who hasn't even taken a snap yet. They all are either unproven, not good enough, old, a pending FA, have off the field issues or injury issues.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with that. And that plays along with what I've been saying. There's really no for sure long term starters on this offense outside of Darnold who hasn't even taken a snap yet. They all are either unproven, not good enough, old, a pending FA, have off the field issues or injury issues.

That is was I have being saying for weeks, I kept saying we have a load of questions on offensive.

12 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah still comes down to the trenches and the lack of resources Mac has invested there is my biggest gripe with him. Namely with draft picks.This season should make things pretty clear though which direction they need to go. I don’t know who’s out there in FA next year and I hear there’s good linemen in the draft but that would be a top priority if it’s a clear need.

Maybe they gel and really improve with a center who actually belongs in the NFL, but the priority this next off season needs to be focused on helping Darnold succeed in year 2. Maybe a move needs to be made   if Q isn’t the same or Robby pulls a Robby. Itd be nice if Kearse could replicate what he did last year. Not expecting too much out of Pryor honestly, and I never really liked the Stewart pick to begin with but Hansen could be come a player. If not try to sign a mid level FA next year or draft one. But there’s enough there this year assuming the offensive line can play “average” for Darnold to look good. 

Anyone else starting to get really excited about this kid?

Bowles is not the type to say anything good about anyone and he is speaking highly of him. When you hear Bowles say he is everything we’ve hoped, you have to be excited considering how highly they thought of him coming out.

Then all the OTA’s clips show how accurate this kid is.

5 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Anyone else starting to get really excited about this kid?

Bowles is not the type to say anything good about anyone and he is speaking highly of him. When you hear Bowles say he is everything we’ve hoped, you have to be excited considering how highly they thought of him coming out.

Then all the OTA’s clips show how accurate this kid is.

This is true. It's hard not to get your hopes up. I've seen clips on twitter and he looks sharp. We're 2 months away from preseason. 

I'm still a little shocked that he fell to us at 3.  I also find it funny that fans wanted him so bad and when we traded up and then landed him I still see people saying "Oh you gave up way to much for him"  I just laugh and say they are 3 second round picks. Ya in the second round the talent drops a lot from the first. We still have our 1st round pick and could move Teddy for a 1st and 3rd if he shows he can really play with that knee and Sam out performs them all. I'm starting to think Sam wins the job and is the week 1 starter. This guy is just aa good as Manning and Luck coming out. The only reason he did not get all the hype is that his QB class will challenge the class of 83 as the best.

On 6/9/2018 at 7:07 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I'm still a little shocked that he fell to us at 3.  I also find it funny that fans wanted him so bad and when we traded up and then landed him I still see people saying "Oh you gave up way to much for him"  I just laugh and say they are 3 second round picks. Ya in the second round the talent drops a lot from the first. We still have our 1st round pick and could move Teddy for a 1st and 3rd if he shows he can really play with that knee and Sam out performs them all. I'm starting to think Sam wins the job and is the week 1 starter. This guy is just aa good as Manning and Luck coming out. The only reason he did not get all the hype is that his QB class will challenge the class of 83 as the best.

Manning and Luck? I'm not sure. They were way more seasoned. In terms of overall talent I think he's a notch or two below but his upside is similar to Luck and exceeds Manning's due to mobility and arm talent but cerebrally Manning is/was lightyears ahead.

But overall I think it all worked out for us and we got our guy long term.

On 4/26/2018 at 7:34 PM, xenajets said:

Never thought it was possible!!! This will be the night everything changes for us. This is it boys!!! We’ve got our franchise qb. 

Ps- Can’t get the fact he is the double of Dexter Morgan out of my head though! 

Didnt even notice that about Dex until u said that now thats all i see 

27 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

It's really sounding like he's going to be our week one starter. If all three QB's are equal, there's no reason to hold Darnold back. Bates is just constantly gushing about him daily now.

Like the bit about them throwing the book at him “if you treat him like a rookie he will become a rookie”

still extremely early but good stuff 

28 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

It's really sounding like he's going to be our week one starter. If all three QB's are equal, there's no reason to hold Darnold back. Bates is just constantly gushing about him daily now.

Yes sir. Sounds like he is balling out there. I didn’t think he would be this far along considering he just turned 21 years old. I’m surprised to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Like the bit about them throwing the book at him “if you treat him like a rookie he will become a rookie”

still extremely early but good stuff 

Definitely early especially because they are just in shorts and T-shirts. But promising nonetheless. I get the feeling Darnold is one of those guys that plays better when the pads are on. So I’m hoping he starts to pull away come training camp.

Archived