1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

14 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Crazy how you guys think its the FO holding it up. We got cash out the wazoo. Most likely Darnold's agent told him to hold off until Mayfield signs and that just happened. Chill.

You missed the part where I said both parties. Its a rookie contract. Kids a franchise QB. He shouldn't be missing time. Its not good business. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

You missed the part where I said both parties. Its a rookie contract. Kids a franchise QB. He shouldn't be missing time. Its not good business. 

I'd be surprised if he missed time. We have the money to spend on a max contract and all other QBs are now signed. Guess we'll know by tomorrow when TC officially starts.

4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'd be surprised if he missed time. We have the money to spend on a max contract and all other QBs are now signed. Guess we'll know by tomorrow when TC officially starts.

I though he would be one of the first rookie QB's to sign. Shows you how much I know, but I think you are right I don't think he will miss much time either.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

How many days this week are we going to say this lol?  

This is the deadline date we all expected it would get done that's why.  First practice is tomorrow which is when panic will set in.

I think Darnold team did. I think Sam got tired of this crap and said he is a good guy and will not be fined or suspended by the league so it is a pointless fight. I think he told his agent get me in camp NOW or i will find someone that will. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Nope they said there's no voidable language in the contract. Sam gets every dollar no matter what. 

I mean who cares really, it isn't like they are going to want to void anything or cut him. 99% of the time or better this isn't going to matter for a QB picked in the top 5. Even if he struggles early you would likely ride out the rookie contract developing him anyway.

Archived