1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

What really surprise me the most about Darnold, is how fast he picked up the speed of the pro game. It sure looks like he is the real deal. I also love his demeanor, he throws a TD pass runs to the sidelines and doesn't say a word. He is a throw back to the old time QB's and I love it.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Like I said in previous post back in April. We are so lucky that he was their at 3. This was a very low price to pay for a guy like him. 

I agree, do you think our grandkids twelve years from now will say yea he is great but you gave up two second round picks to get him. I don't think anybody will care 6 months from now. The best thing about all of this is we knock the GIANTS off the back of the Daily News.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Watching Sams film from Monday damn I’m so hyped on this kid. The way he played as the youngest rookie QB to start a game since forever and then throwing a pick 6 on your first attempt, on the road, and shaking it off like that.. you can’t teach that. 

Im still on cloud 9 since Monday night. The poise, the short memory, the ability to extend plays and throw the ball accurately on the run...this is the best I have felt as a Jets fan (QB situation) since Pennington back in 2002. We as Jets fans deserve this. Its going to be a roller coaster year, but 2019 could be special if do the right things. 

Yup. 2018 is about seeing our young guys get better: Darnold, Adams, Maye, Leo, Robby, Enunwa, Shepherd and now we can add Lee to that list.

Next year fill in the remaining whole and see if we can make the playoffs. 

Go all “Rams” during Donald’s 3-5 years.

Whoever said that Darnold was better than Mitchell Trubisky without any NFL pass thrown.. Not Cool.

Anyway, the offense is still slow.  Robby Anderson's TD is bad.  He was open for a good chunk of time and he caught TD football in front of Safety at left sideline.  Terrible. I would understand if Darnold started to look at right side and then left side but in his case, he stayed at left most of time.

Outside Q and RB, none of receivers ran really well after catch. Pryor and Sterling were choppy. Big dude that ran 4.4? Come on.  Rest of time, it seems like offense limited to point A to point B action perhaps because of Darnold's zero NFL experience.

If everything is same at end of the season then Darnold wastes his time with Jets.  Pick up some speed, please, Jets.

33 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Whoever said that Darnold was better than Mitchell Trubisky without any NFL pass thrown.. Not Cool.

Anyway, the offense is still slow.  Robby Anderson's TD is bad.  He was open for a good chunk of time and he caught TD football in front of Safety at left sideline.  Terrible. I would understand if Darnold started to look at right side and then left side but in his case, he stayed at left most of time.

Outside Q and RB, none of receivers ran really well after catch. Pryor and Sterling were choppy. Big dude that ran 4.4? Come on.  Rest of time, it seems like offense limited to point A to point B action perhaps because of Darnold's zero NFL experience.

If everything is same at end of the season then Darnold wastes his time with Jets.  Pick up some speed, please, Jets.

giphy.gif

Darnold looked of the safety on Robby's TD to give him that room.

There has been something in my mind since Sam Darnald walked onto the stage when he was drafted.  

Fans of Entourage might remember how Turtle discribed how he knew Vince would be famous. 

Vincent Chase, big head, Bruce Willis, big head,.......... Sam Darnold, big head.

Someone who knows how to make those types of video clips needs to make this happen. It would be awesome.  

On 9/14/2018 at 1:02 PM, JetsandI said:

Anderson slowed down and required to make a small leap.  That would be all right if he had been covered tightly all the way but it was not that case.  Also, He still stared on deep route even though Safety took wrong angle.  Slow.

#buzzkill

On 9/14/2018 at 11:50 AM, NJerseypaint said:

giphy.gif

Darnold looked of the safety on Robby's TD to give him that room.

There’s also someone who broke down the play who thought Robby was a decoy on. The play and play was intended to open up sterling underneath ... darnold noticed he had the opening and threw it. May have been a tad late but was a great play for a rookie not just locking into his main read 

instead looking at his first read seeing the big play was there and making it happen

could have have been been a better throw sure but was good enough and mentally was great 

On 9/14/2018 at 1:02 PM, JetsandI said:

Anderson slowed down and required to make a small leap.  That would be all right if he had been covered tightly all the way but it was not that case.  Also, He still stared on deep route even though Safety took wrong angle.  Slow.

Looks like he looked low not high first ... so wasnt staring it down ... 

On 9/15/2018 at 8:37 PM, KBS756 said:

Looks like he looked low not high first ... so wasnt staring it down ... 

It is hard to see his eyes but it feels like he stared on Anderson too much.  At middle level, He was clearly separated from CB and S stepped toward the box before broke back to outside chasing Anderson. No football action from that level until he entered the deep area.  He may or may not stare on deep route but no football action made it questionable for Darnold.

Archived