1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

My biggest concern with Sam moving forward is that if we keep Bowles and Co for another year or two and he ends up flipping from different system to different system (when we inevitable change our OC and not the HC) it will potentially stunt his growth massively.

Just look at the likes of Bradford and Smith who were #1s but went through many OC’s and systems and never fulfilled their potentials. 

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

My biggest concern with Sam moving forward is that if we keep Bowles and Co for another year or two and he ends up flipping from different system to different system (when we inevitable change our OC and not the HC) it will potentially stunt his growth massively.

Just look at the likes of Bradford and Smith who were #1s but went through many OC’s and systems and never fulfilled their potentials. 

Bradford didn’t fulfill his potential bc of injuries not OC changes

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Bradford didn’t fulfill his potential bc of injuries not OC changes

Actually, it was OC changes that kept him from progression to a succession.  When he finally had the same OC (Schotty as his 3rd OC) for a consecutive seasons he suffered major injury. Afterwards, he keeps moving around through the teams.

• 2 weeks later...

So, we are a 1/3 through the season. We’ve seen Darnold in preseason and in mini camps. We’ve seen wow plays and we’ve seen mistakes.

What do y’all think Sam’s ceiling and floor are?

I know it’s still early because he is just 21, but I’m going say

Floor: A more mistake prone Ryan Tannehill

Ceiling: Andrew Luck

22 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Ceiling: Philip Rivers

Floor: Ryan Tannenhill. BUt this is still way too early. The fact that he is only 21 is absurd. Hes going to be really effing good if we get him a better supporting cast. 

I would be thrilled, if would be as good as Rivers, you are right we must get a better supporting cast.

Floor Eli Manning or Matt Hasselbeck which ain't bad. 

Anyone else feel like people are constantly forgetting that Darnold just turned 21. I see his name pop-up all over this forum as a will-be bust because of his inconsistent play, especially when compared to Mayfield, but shouldn't inconsistent play be expected when he's among the youngest in the NFL?

Archived