1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

Bates is going to have coach this kid up. The good news is that he is more of that new age QB. He fits in the WCO scheme and Bates can throw some wrinkles in there with him. He is also a threat to run some RPOs. Going to be a learning curve though. We have to build up our offensive line. 

2 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Feel like Phins go Rosen

Then Pats get Jackson and then all 4 get to face each other next year LOL

Yup. This is possible. Josh McDaniels probably has been told he will eventually be the coach. McDaniels drafted Tebow. I think he likes the idea of a running type QB. 

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Bates is going to have coach this kid up. The good news is that he is more of that new age QB. He fits in the WCO scheme and Bates can throw some wrinkles in there with him. He is also a threat to run some RPOs. Going to be a learning curve though. We have to build up our offensive line. 

Only guy of the 4 with no injuries really at all if I am not mistaken.

33 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Doumyer must be floored right now

I am just glad we got a QB, sure I wanted Rosen, but Darnold is only 20 years old and he can sit behind Mc Cown for a year and learn. He is our future so I am happy.

2 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

To start with.  If Sam can't beat out McCown I am gonna be real sad, unless they actually wanna give him some time on the bench.

That’s my thinking think we show case Teddy in the preseason and then trading him right before the season starts if he shows he’s healthy, then McCown starts for 4-6 weeks

Archived