Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I just hope baker has @bruceb going hee hee by week 10.

I won't be following the Browns, Kiwi.

Wife said something like she would wop me upside the head with a semi-solid object if I paid any attention to the Browns this year.

Can't even say as I hope they do well.

They are doomed to mediocrity, imho.

Well. They better make sure they surround Baker like the saints surrounded Brees.

Dont roll the dice with Gordon, ? At LT and more rb depth.

Go get Baker everything he could wish for and if the DL suffers so be it Greg gets the best out of undrafted players.

Guessing we will run a spread. Nab moore, miller, or ridley. Idk what ots are worthy. If none maybe rb or dl.

That would have me feeling really good about baker's chances of success. 

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Wife said something like she would wop me upside the head with a semi-solid object if I paid any attention to the Browns this year.

They are doomed to much worse than mediocrity. All the sacrifices to see us up for this. I can honestly say I have not been this depressed since they announced they were moving to Baltimore 

I would have been happier with Barkley and Chubb at 1 and 4, and then trade up to get Lamar Jackson honestly...even if they had to give up two of our seconds...instead we start with the 1st and fourth pick in the draft and get in my opinion the fourth rated QB and Ward, who I like, but i don’t think is a shutdown corner.  #BrownsGonnaBrown. It will be tough to get excited about this draft no matter what we get in the second round.

2 minutes ago, Fofsadness said:

I would have been happier with Barkley and Chubb at 1 and 4, and then trade up to get Lamar Jackson honestly...even if they had to give up two of our seconds...instead we start with the 1st and fourth pick in the draft and get in my opinion the fourth rated QB and Ward, who I like, but i don’t think is a shutdown corner.  #BrownsGonnaBrown. It will be tough to get excited about this draft no matter what we get in the second round.

Spot on.

Right now we are somewhere in the C- to C range, imho.

8 minutes ago, matt27j said:

Well. They better make sure they surround Baker like the saints surrounded Brees.

Dont roll the dice with Gordon, ? At LT and more rb depth.

Go get Baker everything he could wish for and if the DL suffers so be it Greg gets the best out of undrafted players.

Guessing we will run a spread. Nab moore, miller, or ridley. Idk what ots are worthy. If none maybe rb or dl.

That would have me feeling really good about baker's chances of success. 

I would say it's been the other way around with Brees and the Saints. It's been somewhat like with Tom Brady where it's the quarterback making the receivers and not the other way around. We already have enough receiving talent, though more would be even better, of course.

7 minutes ago, Trots said:

They are doomed to much worse than mediocrity. All the sacrifices to see us up for this. I can honestly say I have not been this depressed since they announced they were moving to Baltimore 

They might win some games, maybe even make the playoffs once or twice, but otherwise will not even knock on the Super Bowl door into the forseeable future.

19 minutes ago, bruceb said:

But you my boo.

i need you, like @NudeTayne needs @Mind Character

Archived