Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

@bruceb also returned.

Can anyone confirm whether or not  @Mastercheddaar decided to hang himself when the Baker Mayfield news hit? That was the one I was most worried about after we made that selection. Hope he got cold feet.

He’s an Iggles fan now apparently. Check the profile. Difference with him and Ditch though is that he’s writing in their forum, and they write back and have welcomed him with open arms. He’s like the little homeless kid from the Jungle Book. They obviously know he’s different, but he’s an asset, so they pretend not to notice. 

I’m not worried though. I’ll chalk it up to a temporary lapse in judgment. He will get sick of his team losing and come back home.

18 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He’s an Iggles fan now apparently. Check the profile. Difference with him and Ditch though is that he’s writing in their forum, and they write back and have welcomed him with open arms. He’s like the little homeless kid from the Jungle Book. They obviously know he’s different, but he’s an asset, so they pretend not to notice. 

I’m not worried though. I’ll chalk it up to a temporary lapse in judgment. He will get sick of his team losing and come back home.

Wow. Holy crap...

I don't know how any die hard of a team could just stop loving their squad. I can't even put on a façade for another team, I love my Browns too much. I think of myself as a pretty considerate person, but I cannot empathize in anyway whatsoever with someone who changes teams.

Seeing it happen right in front of me is kinda surreal...he's in that forum saying "we" in reference to the Eagles, calling us the Clowns. I mean, to an extent I get it, but jeez...it's crazy to me.

21 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Wow. Holy crap...

I don't know how any die hard of a team could just stop loving their squad. I can't even put on a façade for another team, I love my Browns too much. I think of myself as a pretty considerate person, but I cannot empathize in anyway whatsoever with someone who changes teams.

Seeing it happen right in front of me is kinda surreal...he's in that forum saying "we" in reference to the Eagles, calling us the Clowns. I mean, to an extent I get it, but jeez...it's crazy to me.

IMO they never were really, truly a fan in the first place if they can change like that. If the Browns never won another game between now and my death, I would still be a Browns fan. Since 1976 I have watched no other NFL games outside of Browns games, when the Browns left town and there were no Browns, I simply did not watch football. I get up at 2-3 AM every Sunday night/Monday morning due to living in Japan to watch the games live and drag through the day at the office afterwards as a result just so I can watch them play. At the same time, I do not consider myself a fanatic at all as I only own 1 jersey, a couple t-shirts, a hat and never went to a live game (even though I come from the Canton area originally), but I just cannot conceive of rooting for any team outside of the Browns. If you are so fixated on winning that you feel the need to switch teams, or jump ship because they did not select your guy, then so be it - but you never were truly a fan. 

That said, we all have different convictions and things that drive us, so to each their own.

14 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

@Mastercheddaarwas legit browns fan, I can understand anyone bailing on the Browns.

id say they will come back if the results change. 

Even if they don’t fair enough.

also what is an iggles?

He was always a Browns/Eagles fan. He participated in both forums. He really hated the idea of Mayfield though. He wasn't all in on one team like most of us so he could easily slide over to root for Wentz.

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He’s an Iggles fan now apparently. Check the profile. 

I’ve never seen someone get so irrationally upset about their team drafting someone they hate.  Like, dude had a personal issue with Baker Mayfield without ever meeting the guy. 

I’m just picturing him pacing around his house in a wife beater and jorts cussing at the TV and calling a complete stranger a bunch of names because he doesn’t like his persona.

Seems absurd and petty to me.

20 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I originally had piece and then edited it to peace because I was so unsure. @LETSGOBROWNIES, we need a grammar/phraseology ruling on this! Is it PEACE of mind or PIECE of mind?

I think I need peace of mind after a long day of reading hot takes 

but I’m sure as **** going to give you a piece of my mind while delivering my hot take 

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

@Mastercheddaarwas legit browns fan, I can understand anyone bailing on the Browns.

id say they will come back if the results change. 

Even if they don’t fair enough.

also what is an iggles?

I just recently started posting again after a decade away, but I was always a "lurker" and can confirm what kiwi said. Cheddar will be back, it's just a momentary lapse.

"That is all"

2 minutes ago, Keylargobrownie said:

I just recently started posting again after a decade away, but I was always a "lurker" and can confirm what kiwi said. Cheddar will be back, it's just a momentary lapse.

"That is all"

He’s not gone, he’s posting in the Eagles forum regularly.

Archived