Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

@Aztec Hammer

Man.... I can't look at your avatar anymore... it's driving me nuts... please change it...

We passed on Darnold, Rosen, Barkley, and Chubb with 2 picks in the top 4...

I'm trying my hardest to move on but you're not helping...

WE PASSED ON 20 year old Phenom SAM DARNOLD.... Even though we had our own FO guys say he was the clear guy BASED ON THE TAPE.... WHYYYYYY....

Today on Browns talk places... it was filled with:

1. Baker's clearly better than Darnold...

2. Fire-Hue-ism takes on Hue's heart issue being lies....

-------------

I can't take it..

I've got a good feeling this is how it's going to be up until such a time when we can put a win on the board....

So... I'm out until such a time this being my last post as most have light years beyond enough of my post via draft season... wasn't serious before because it was draft season...

Enjoy the Hee-Hee's on Hard Knocks....

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Today on Browns talk places... it was filled with:

1. Baker's clearly better than Darnold...

2. Fire-Hue-ism takes on Hue's heart issue being lies....

-------------

I can't take it..

I've got a good feeling this is how it's going to be up until such a time when we can put a win on the board....

So... I'm out until such a time this being my last post as most have light years beyond enough of my post via draft season... wasn't serious before because it was draft season...

Enjoy the Hee-Hee's on Hard Knocks....

Dude you say you’re out like every few days

Sam Darnold wasn’t a bad prospect by any means. I had Baker, Darnold, and Rosen all rated fairly close. With the lead going to Darnold But Darnold wasn’t worlds beyond Baker. Outside of physical attributes I’d actually say Baker was/is the better QB at the moment. Sure Darnold has the potential to be great all these QBs do but out of them all I think I’d feel most comfortable with baker going out week 1 if that photographic memory rumor is true. Plus you don’t If know if they’re going to live up to said potential. I think we as browns fans embrace whoever we pick eventually and talk our selves into thinking he was the best prospect. With that being said before the draft I had them all rated fairly even but now that we picked Baker I have him far and away the best QB because he’s my QB. 

42 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Sam Darnold wasn’t a bad prospect by any means. I had Baker, Darnold, and Rosen all rated fairly close. With the lead going to Darnold But Darnold wasn’t worlds beyond Baker. 

It would seem the majority of the forum here would agree with you, but I had Darnold WAY above everyone else. I had Rosen/Baker pretty even with Rosen above Baker personally.

Outside of physical attributes I’d actually say Baker was/is the better QB at the moment. Sure Darnold has the potential to be great all these QBs do but out of them all I think I’d feel most comfortable with baker going out week 1 if that photographic memory rumor is true.

My thought process is that we signed Tyrod Taylor, who is a proven NFL veteran QB with, at worst, competent QB play. It will be/would have been nice to give him total control of the offense as THE GUY at QB for the entire 2018 season. Then, our rookie QB (Darnold is who I thought of/wanted) could sit, learn, iron out those footwork/reading defense issues, and then start fresh in 2019. Hopefully that's what they have Mayfield do. If Baker is going to have a fantastic rookie year and beats out Tyrod legitimately, then I'm all for it, but I don't want to rush it. If Baker's only 90% ready, have him hold a clipboard and learn. If he's 100% ready, then by all means, go ahead and go for it.

Plus you don’t If know if they’re going to live up to said potential.

I feel like if you have 2 even QB prospects, then you draft the guy with a higher upside. That said, you don't go out and draft a project guy with an insane upside over a guy who you know is safer/better from ground zero. I viewed Darnold/Baker as even coming into the draft with Darnold having a higher ceiling, youth, and comes from a more friendly college system with complex NFL route tree principles, not to mention a preferred attitude/leadership style (that one is a preference thing).

I think we as browns fans embrace whoever we pick eventually and talk our selves into thinking he was the best prospect. With that being said before the draft I had them all rated fairly even but now that we picked Baker I have him far and away the best QB because he’s my QB. 

Because we are fans of the Browns, all/almost all of us come around eventually and talk ourselves into anyone that we pick/support him, which should be the case. I ranted and sulked for two weeks, said my peace, and have moved on. Some guys embraced Baker the second we drafted him, and I'm not just talking about those like freaky or nude that wanted him going up to the draft. I'm talking about guys like mistakey, letsgo, and bleed where it was pretty much an instantaneous thing. I never believed in Weeden or Johnny (or Quinn for that matter), but I eventually came around to believing that maybe our FO/Coaching Staff knew something that I didn't and that there was a chance for success (I never believed it with Weeden, but I hoped). Time will tell which one is the best, and I don't think that we'll realistically know until 2020 or 2021, which makes drafting a QB in the first round always a risky/hold your breath moment...but if you do it right, it's obviously worth it.

7 hours ago, Mind Character said:

@Aztec Hammer

Man.... I can't look at your avatar anymore... it's driving me nuts... please change it...

We passed on Darnold, Rosen, Barkley, and Chubb with 2 picks in the top 4...

I'm trying my hardest to move on but you're not helping...

WE PASSED ON 20 year old Phenom SAM DARNOLD.... Even though we had our own FO guys say he was the clear guy BASED ON THE TAPE.... WHYYYYYY....

Phenom is quite the stretch there to try and describe Darnold.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Yep.

There can only be 1 Phenom

giphy.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif

Yep. 

Also if I had to use the word phenom to describe a QB prospect over the past 10years or so, I would only use that to describe Cam Newton

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Yep. 

Also if I had to use the word phenom to describe a QB prospect over the past 10years or so, I would only use that to describe Cam Newton

giphy.gif

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't ever use that word...ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't HAVE to use it!!!

giphy.gif

On 5/12/2018 at 1:56 AM, Kiwibrown said:

@Mastercheddaarwas legit browns fan, I can understand anyone bailing on the Browns.

id say they will come back if the results change. 

Even if they don’t fair enough.

also what is an iggles?

Here is a visual aid to help those of you understand where I'm at right now:

Pig-ugly-woman-fat-face.jpg

Ex wife ^^^^

giphy.gif

New Girlfriend ^^^^

Come on guys, don't be hating because I'm with a superbowl champion now. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived