Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Seemed like every time I read a post or article about the Browns and the draft, the author ended with something like: Just don't screw this up.

And we did.

Think it's something in the water?

Maybe it's in yours? 

I was done with this team 20 minutes after the last game of the year, when Jimmy Haslam gave Hue Jackson a vote of confidence.  Today has me thinking that move may not be permanent. 

All the Browns really need now is a decent coaching staff to compete in the playoffs for the next 5 years.  All the major components on the field are there.

6 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Maybe it's in yours? 

Nope, mine is Berkey filtered.

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Screw it up would of been taking Allen

There are an infinite number of ways to screw things up.

As someone who quit the Browns when they drafted Manziel and got the "See ya" response, I will say this: at least you guys are consistent.

With that said, I'm not upset that the Browns took Baker Mayfield over Sam Darnold. I thought I would be, but actually I'm kind of excited. I still would have preferred Darnold, but Mayfield was my second choice. The more I watched of Mayfield the more I liked him. I can see him being very good if he can control his emotions. All of those highly thought of football evaluators signed off on his character, otherwise he wouldn't have been the pick. I don't think he'll be a problem off the field.

As far as on the field, I definitely think all of the components are there. Learning the playbook won't be an issue for him, and he can make all of the throws, too. He's the most accurate passer in the draft and is a quick processor (CRUCIAL). He's very competitive, a natural leader and has a MASSIVE chip on his shoulder. He's a little overconfident for my tastes, but no one can doubt he believes in himself. He's not fazed by the historic ineptitude of this franchise and is motivated to prove all the naysayers wrong.

Who's to say Mayfield doesn't end up better than Darnold? Neither has played a down in the NFL. Who knows what the future holds?

24 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

Who's to say Mayfield doesn't end up better than Darnold? Neither has played a down in the NFL. Who knows what the future holds?

I was really split between Darnold and Mayfield, so I'm not mad about this pick at all. Let's see what he can do.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

No, you did not.

Mind was the only person who did.

Sweet dreams.

Then that must have been a who do you think we pick thread. I thought it would be Darnold and Chubb. There is no reason for me to lie about saying I would take Baker and Ward most of the forum is having a meltdown because of those picks.

Archived