Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

On 6/9/2018 at 12:38 AM, BayRaider said:

Don't mean to take a stab but I have a feeling this will be yet another regret for Cleveland. Darnold was the choice here and easily the safest QB prospect. Mayfield is boom or bust, and probably more to the bust side...

Although one positive is the Browns kept Hue Jackson. Hue can make any QB look good if he has enough to work with on offense.

Idk know about darnold being safer. I really like what Mayfield said in the Cowheard interview two days ago. He was talking about how the league is changing. That you are seeing the league turn more into a passing/spread type league with the quick passing game and RPOs. Mayfield ran that offense better than anyone in college football history. If he has the talent the around him, he should at least be a least a decent QB because of his accuracy.

completely disagree about Hue. Thank god he isn’t in charge of the offense anymore 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Idk know about darnold being safer. I really like what Mayfield said in the Cowheard interview two days ago. He was talking about how the league is changing. That you are seeing the league turn more into a passing/spread type league with the quick passing game and RPOs. Mayfield ran that offense better than anyone in college football history. If he has the talent the around him, he should at least be a least a decent QB because of his accuracy.

completely disagree about Hue. Thank god he isn’t in charge of the offense anymore 

Yeah I personally think Mayfield has the lowest bust rate that is why I chose him as my favorite even though the top 3 were really close for me (Rosen, not Allen). The #1 reason that a QB flops is that he turns it over. That hasn't been a problem for Mayfield. It doesn't mean the others will bust but they certainly have to be more careful especially at a faster speed that they will see in the NFL. Baker will have to adjust to it but he was already great at ball security at the college level so that gives him just enough of a bump to have been my #1.

12 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Evidently Darnold has been lighting it up in camp. 

Too soon?

Time for me to leave Sam in the past. Filed in the “what could have been?” cabinet.

Wish him the best with the Jets - still one of my top qb prospects ever, so I hope he does well as I enjoy watching him play and think he’s a good dude. He really wanted to play for us.

But it’s all about Baker. I’m not a hypocrite so I won’t pretend I’m sold on his ability as that would be very lame. But his personality and character... I suddenly like it a lot since he’s been a Brown. Unless he’s a fraud or the best athlete actor I’ve ever seen - this dude is focused and has mad confidence that honestly feels genuine and perfect for this version of the Browns. To the point where he’s openly acknowledging some of the early struggles he is having with the playbook, speed of the game etc. Normal shh that basically every rookie qb ever should feel.

I was very proud when I heard him defend our roster on Cowherd. Genuine leadership and unquestioned belief in his team. And you know what? I think he’s right. If this roster was on another team, everyone would rave about it. Yeah it’s unproven... but every roster is unproven in 2018.

Baker has everything around him set up to succeed, including his own mindset. Yeah it’s true I doubted him and still do on an ability level, but so what? I’m just another cynical guy who has counted him out before he has taken a shot. I’m ready for him to prove me wrong. I think he has the minerals to get it done. It’s what he thrives on.

He’s the #1 pick of the draft and it seems like he has a great combination of knowing why he should have been that but also still carrying around that underdog walk-on focus.

I’m all-in with Baker Mayfield and the Browns.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Time for me to leave Sam in the past. Filed in the “what could have been?” cabinet.

Wish him the best with the Jets - still one of my top qb prospects ever, so I hope he does well as I enjoy watching him play and think he’s a good dude. He really wanted to play for us.

But it’s all about Baker. I’m not a hypocrite so I won’t pretend I’m sold on his ability as that would be very lame. But his personality and character... I suddenly like it a lot since he’s been a Brown. Unless he’s a fraud or the best athlete actor I’ve ever seen - this dude is focused and has mad confidence that honestly feels genuine and perfect for this version of the Browns. To the point where he’s openly acknowledging some of the early struggles he is having with the playbook, speed of the game etc. Normal shh that basically every rookie qb ever should feel.

I was very proud when I heard him defend our roster on Cowherd. Genuine leadership and unquestioned belief in his team. And you know what? I think he’s right. If this roster was on another team, everyone would rave about it. Yeah it’s unproven... but every roster is unproven in 2018.

Baker has everything around him set up to succeed, including his own mindset. Yeah it’s true I doubted him and still do on an ability level, but so what? I’m just another cynical guy who has counted him out before he has taken a shot. I’m ready for him to prove me wrong. I think he has the minerals to get it done. It’s what he thrives on.

He’s the #1 pick of the draft and it seems like he has a great combination of knowing why he should have been that but also still carrying around that underdog walk-on focus.

I’m all-in with Baker Mayfield and the Browns.

The funny thing is there shouldn't be or have been a question about his ability. 2nd strongest arm in the draft, best accuracy, plus athleticism for a QB. Yeah he is about 2 inches shorter than ideal but there were flaws with every prospect whether it was accuracy, past injury concerns, carelessness with the football etc... and being 6'1 really was the least concerning of each of their main concerns.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

The funny thing is there shouldn't be or have been a question about his ability. 2nd strongest arm in the draft, best accuracy, plus athleticism for a QB. Yeah he is about 2 inches shorter than ideal but there were flaws with every prospect whether it was accuracy, past injury concerns, carelessness with the football etc... and being 6'1 really was the least concerning of each of their main concerns.

Sweet baby Jesus we can’t dance this tune again.

Archived