Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

Seriously no need to rush Baker into action. We aren’t winning a title this year. Those guys last night were NYG backup scrubs. Browns-level bad and playing vanilla schemes without gameplanning etc.

It’s a different animal when it’s JJ, Von and Bosa on the front end and Jalen Ramsay, Casey Heyward and those types on the back end.

He’s still a rook with limited experience of ferocious pass rush and that type of game speed. Let him ease into it and develop behind the scenes. He can play when it’s time. For now, we are an 0-16 team. Don’t rush it.

4 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Seriously no need to rush Baker into action. We aren’t winning a title this year. Those guys last night were NYG backup scrubs. Browns-level bad and playing vanilla schemes without gameplanning etc.

It’s a different animal when it’s JJ, Von and Bosa on the front end and Jalen Ramsay, Casey Heyward and those types on the back end.

He’s still a rook with limited experience of ferocious pass rush and that type of game speed. Let him ease into it and develop behind the scenes. He can play when it’s time. For now, we are an 0-16 team. Don’t rush it.

the change in attitude towards baker surprises me tbh

14 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Odds are we aren't winning a title in any given year.

I personally feel the best way to gain experience to be able to deal with anything game related is to play in a game. Can he get a taste for what it is like facing Von Miller by going against Myles in practice? Sure. You get a little bit of that panic moment but it still isn't the same thing as an actual game with a game on the line and millions of people watching.

If he is our best chance to win this year I start him. If Taylor is I start Taylor. I keep it that simple. Now if we are out of contention and Taylor is our best chance to win I will still put Mayfield in there to gain experience and hopefully that will lead to him being the QB that gives us the best chance to win.

Fortunately the two QBs are similar and the same offense can be functioning for both of them.

Cowherd rags on Baker. 

I don't think his criticism is fair, i thought Baker payed really well last night. Baker doesn't make wow plays, likie Kizer and josh allen, he puts together 8 plays in a row that lead to success. 

I thought he looked more like Drew Brees than I thought he would last night, pocket movement, ball placement and just being very organised at the line. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Cowherd rags on Baker. 

I don't think his criticism is fair, i thought Baker payed really well last night. Baker doesn't make wow plays, likie Kizer and josh allen, he puts together 8 plays in a row that lead to success. 

I thought he looked more like Drew Brees than I thought he would last night, pocket movement, ball placement and just being very organised at the line. 

Cowherd is not good at separating analysis from his own stupid narratives he's pushing. That touchdown throw in the back of the end zone could not even be made by half of the starting NFL quarterbacks.

The biggest issues imo of Baker in college were not tested yesterday...

1.)  A-gap.. inside pressure on par with NFL impact talent.

2.) Blitzes from the right so he can't escape right and extend the play as is his habit

3.) Both 1. and 2.

4.) Down field anticipation and blitz avoidance within the pocket with eyes downfield and feet that create a new throwing platform followed by a pinpoint accurate throw

5.) Pinpoint accuracy and anticipation throwing over the middle of the field without the help of read option to clear passing lanes

----------

I can't wait to see if he can pass those tests going against a number 1 Defense...

Can't wait to see that, but hope he doesn't have to do it until late season.

Archived