Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

Let's trade Baker and Ward for Darnold straight up.

I'll even throw in pick #33 as long as Dorsey is calling the shots. This is comically bad, even for the Browns. That's ok, at least Hue gets to develop these guys.

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Kizer. 

Hated all of them. 

Now, Manziel. Here come the obligatory three years minimum before we can have a chance to take a different guy. Our guy was there.

Tired of this. 

And he was visibly pissed that we didn’t take him.

Stings real bad

34 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

It's a franchise QB. I don't give a damn how much you guys hate him, please for the love of God, we need to give him at least 3 years. 

A franchise QB is one who puts a team on his shoulders and carries them to wins, year after year after year. Mayfield will be out of the league in 5. And Ward will never be more than an OK CB. Ray Farmer could not have butchered this any worse. 

1 hour ago, Trots said:

A franchise QB is one who puts a team on his shoulders and carries them to wins, year after year after year. Mayfield will be out of the league in 5. And Ward will never be more than an OK CB. Ray Farmer could not have butchered this any worse. 

That's cool. Nice to see your time machine still works, Rick Sanchez. 

Cannot root for this organization any more.

I grew up rooting for a team led by Paul Brown, who not only was wildly successful and innovative but a gentleman who conducted himself with and demanded from his team the utmost dignity.

Now we have "Hee-haw" Haslam, Hueball "Clhueless" Jackson, and Dorsey the dolt, dunderhead, dummy, etc. (feel free to add to so long as they begin with "D"), and, fittingly, "Hee-hee" as our QBOTF.

This is not the Browns I blindly have followed since I was a child.

And most certainly not a team I wish any longer to follow.

Lots of better ways to use my time.

Sad to see you guys go that canm't accept that we chose a player who has never played a down in the NFL over another player who has never played a down in the NFL. Must be soul crushing.

Dorsey may turn out to be terrible but my pick at #1 was Mayfield and at #4 was Ward so I have nothing to be salty about. I figured we'd go Darnold and Chubb and was a little surprised we didn't but Ward will make us better in the next few years than Chubb would simply because of the upgrade at the position. Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold are really too close to call so I would have been happy with any of the three I just think we need a Baker Mayfield and we need a strong armed accurate QB who makes quick decisions. Nothing wrong with a Roethlisberger or Darnold but with Joe Thomas retiring and what could be decades trying to get a decent LT (lived that before) we may not have the luxury of extending plays looking for the big shot down the field.

I wouldn't have given up what we did for Taylor, maybe a 4th or 5th even though I like him so I'm not 100% with Dorsey but I also have nothing to really complain about at this point.

Mayfield could bust but he has a much better chance to succeed so I think those who think he is Tim Tebow need to take a deep breath and wait to actually see him play in the NFL.

13 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Cannot root for this organization any more.

I grew up rooting for a team led by Paul Brown, who not only was wildly successful and innovative but a gentleman who conducted himself with and demanded from his team the utmost dignity.

Now we have "Hee-haw" Haslam, Hueball "Clhueless" Jackson, and Dorsey the dolt, dunderhead, dummy, etc. (feel free to add to so long as they begin with "D"), and, fittingly, "Hee-hee" as our QBOTF.

This is not the Browns I blindly have followed since I was a child.

And most certainly not a team I wish any longer to follow.

Lots of better ways to use my time.

See ya

Archived