Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

12 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

The thing that has me convinced this is actually true and not fluff is I’ve heard this from multiple places and not just Hue. Has to be something there of substance. 

We may very well have gotten ourselves a good one!

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

The thing that has me convinced this is actually true and not fluff is I’ve heard this from multiple places and not just Hue. Has to be something there of substance. 

We may very well have gotten ourselves a good one!

Yeah, we still have yet to see as far as on the field is concerned. But it seems pretty clear at this point that they made a good decision as far as leadership/personality is concerned.

3 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah, we still have yet to see as far as on the field is concerned. But it seems pretty clear at this point that they made a good decision as far as leadership/personality is concerned.

Here's the thing:

On the field for the past two seasons, he has been by far the best QB among his peers.

Non-play-related nonsense is what his detractors continually used against him. We can see now that all was a load of garbage.

He's gonna be great.

31 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Here's the thing:

On the field for the past two seasons, he has been by far the best QB among his peers.

Non-play-related nonsense is what his detractors continually used against him. We can see now that all was a load of garbage.

He's gonna be great.

Even if he only reaches good that will be the best draft pick since Joe Thomas. He does have the talent to be great. He seems to have the leadership to be great. He has shown the accuracy to be great. It will come down to whether or not he has the composure and decision making in the NFL whether or not he ends up being great. Our luck says he won't and his tenacity says he will so I guess we'll see which wins out. Worst case scenario he would make a really good game manager.

On 6/1/2018 at 7:05 PM, candyman93 said:

Just build around him and give him a chance to succeed.

Give him as many weapons on offense as possible going forward.

Scary part is this is the most weapons we have had on offense. Next year could be special with him having a year under his belt

Welcome to the dark side!  It’s good to see the healing may have finally began and folks are getting over the butt hurt of not selecting Mr. Mediocre at 1 overall, and are finally coming around to see things as I did all along (and the same as the guys that are paid millions of dollars to evaluate have seen it as well!).  HEE HEE!

On 6/1/2018 at 6:22 PM, ditchdigger said:

I hope you’re right. With that said, you are making a statement that he’s proven detractors wrong about his character before his first off-season has even taken off and the pads have come on. Both sides would be premature making any empirical statements here. 

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

thomas your the man thank you for everything over the years

If you are talking about Joe Thomas I agree with your sentiment 100%. If you are talking about me I agree with it 110%, which isn't a real percent in this case and seems appropriate.

Archived