Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

What are all you guys rambling on about?

In other news, Sam is pissed, guys! Holding out for more money really weighs on a guy:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/jets-rookie-quarterback-sam-darnold-unhappy-training-camp/1tdq6ffspd4i3107yt10anigpc

I don’t blame him. He needs to realize his agent is posturing over offset language if he’s released after 2-3 years or if he gets fined by the team or NFL. Half these guys are clueless about how their agents want more money and notoriety for themselves to expand their clientele and names instead of doing what’s in their clients best interests. This may cost him a starting job.

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t blame him. He needs to realize his agent is posturing over offset language if he’s released after 2-3 years or if he gets fined by the team or NFL. Half these guys are clueless about how their agents want more money and notoriety for themselves to expand their clientele and names instead of doing what’s in their clients best interests. This may cost him a starting job.

Bro, you're harshing my narrative.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

...And his agent gets his bonuses guaranteed.

I'm sure this was Sam's call, his agent just represents what he wanted. The agent doesn't make more or less money because bonuses are voidable, at least I wouldn't think, so only Sam had something to gain (not lose) by holding out and the Jets appear to have caved to his demands.

But yeah, everyone is, or at least was, blaming his agent for his holdout but Sam didn't tell his agent to back off and Sam got his bonuses guaranteed so I guess the agent is no longer the bad guy?

We got a good one y’all. He’s the attitude and personality we need. He may not be as talented as Lebron but he has that “it” that we Clevelanders can get behind. And those of you from other countries and various other parts of the US. 

Now that the football season has started it's got me thinking about how the QBs rank this year in terms of play versus how they rank when it's all said and done...

***Went back and looked at my final Big Board to see where I had Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, and Baker... forgot that I had CB Mike Hughes as my number 3 overall player behind only Darnold and Rosen.... Hughes almost fell to us at the top of round 2.... would've been crazy.....

I had Josh Allen as the 40th best player in the draft, Lamar Jackson as my 25th BPA, and Baker as the 11th BPA...

How on Earth did the Bills select Josh Allen over Josh Rosen??  Ridiculous...

-------------------

This Year's Rookie QB Play Rankings

1. Josh Rosen: I think Rosen plays the most as Bradford will get injured early in the season; however, Arizona has no OLine and few offensive weapons besides Fitz and DJ... it's going to be a brutal year but Rosen's greatness will still shine through in a year of uninspiring rookie QB performances he'll have the best...

2. Lamar Jackson: He's going to be too good to keep off the field especially when Flacco starts regressing right after the midway point of the season and the Ravens turn to Jackson as a dynamic playmaker to win them games... his rushing ability and big arm are going to light the league on fire for a few weeks but his inconsistency is going to have him post some truly awful stat lines as well making his rookie season look below average at the end of the day.

3. Baker Mayfield: Tyrod's success keeps Baker on the bench until week 13 when the season is basically decided. He'll play well in a small sample size of plays.

4. Sam Darnold: Plays earlier than he should in week 5 and struggles a lot and has poor performances with a lot of turnovers. Still is able to pull the team to victory by making critical late game plays.

5. Josh Allen: With an offense deprived of talent Allen plays earlier than he should and struggles mightily...

-------

When it's all Said and Done Rankings

1. Sam Darnold: Once talent surrounding him gets better he become and stays elite of the elite

2. Baker Mayfield: In a quick passing attack with talent and weapons surrounding him he has a steady and good career

3. Lamar Jackson: Has major impact but lower lows throughout his career

4. Josh Rosen: Injuries do in what would've been a promising career.

5. Josh Allen: The processing of the game and anticipation game along with poor talent surrounding him spirals his career permanently downward.

37 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

@freakygeniuskid, ^--this is also happening (up to #2 on the @Mind Character hater big board!). He's coming around.

#sonicthehedgehog

Never.. don't include me in your foolery...lol

Rosen would've been 2 on the "Career Ranking projections except for the injuries that are likely to come"

Baker's where he's always been for me since I got done watching his film during draft season... number 3 QB (11th overall prospect on the big board) after Darnold and Rosen with those two having significant distance in their QB evaluation index...

Archived