Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

This comment won’t  go over well, but it highlights my biggest concern. The Big 12 S-U-C-K-S at playing defense.

One of bakers runs in the video if he was the nfl he would of got lit up big time. 

There were some nfl throws and read si thought. 

Whoever Hollywood is was much better than any of their defenders.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

This comment won’t  go over well, but it highlights my biggest concern. The Big 12 S-U-C-K-S at playing defense.

For sure, but he can’t contol that.

When he played crappy defenses he lit them up, which is all you can ask.

Lit up a bunch of studs on OSU’s defense too.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think you spelled "Every college football team not in the SEC or like half of the BIG10" wrong.

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think you spelled "Every college football team not in the SEC or like half of the BIG10" wrong.

Yeah, pretty much. Hard to play defense with the current passing rules with college level players. Hard enough to fill NFL secondaries with enough talent to succeed.

6 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

It’s half the big 10 and half the SEC

the one thing that makes about every big12 defense’s bad is just about every big12 team has a legit QB. So those offenses tend to not struggle.

you go to the SEC and it’s the opposite, only a handful of SEC teams have legit QBs. So you got teams going up against trash QBs a majority of a year and the yearly 1AA, school, so defeneses look good and have good stats. 

I didn't like Baker's film vs OKst. ... so many of his games are like watching a layup drill.

Baker's best games film wise in terms of skills displayed that project to success on the next level were as follows imo:

1.) Baker vs Iowa St., 2017: He threw with anticipation over the middle of the field with traffic in his face and had so many NFL type throws from within the pocket without the assistance of the read option to scheme open passing lanes for him. It's heads and shoulder my favorite pro traits tape Baker has imo despite the loss. He orchestrated the offense beautifullay

2) Baker vs Houston, 2016: He had to battle inside pressure and a real defense that attempted to cloud the middle field passing lanes. He was under duress. Had some pinpoint accurate back shoulder balls placed away from the defender with anticipation.

3.) Baker vs Auburn, 2016: He battled against a good defense again and had some early struggles, but through about 4 plus accuracy balls and one amazing fade-away ball 30 yards down the field for a touchdown mid game that required an astute read of the defense pre-snap.

4,) Texas 2016 / 2017

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Interesting exchange between Hue and Baker.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/1026624000846311424/video/1

Its funny, listening to baker talk to Hue reminded me of conversations with my professors on why I didn't hand in homework on time.  Back peddling the whole time "uhhh, got in a little late this morning"  (not saying I'm concerned about it, just funny)

On 8/3/2018 at 9:50 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure, but he can’t contol that.

When he played crappy defenses he lit them up, which is all you can ask.

Lit up a bunch of studs on OSU’s defense too.

And Georgia. It's not like he only played well against scrubs.

Archived