Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/08/df88208c588069/baker-mayfield-6-reasons-brown.html

Mayfield has exceptional arm talent and that's not dependent on who the Browns play. He has uncanny accuracy for a rookie and arm strength that some rank better than Josh Allen's. He's got excellent  vision, quick feet, good pocket presence and the ability to sense the rush and escape it. All of these things were on display against the Giants.

yeesh at least we arent going this overboard

9 minutes ago, mistakey said:

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/08/df88208c588069/baker-mayfield-6-reasons-brown.html

Mayfield has exceptional arm talent and that's not dependent on who the Browns play. He has uncanny accuracy for a rookie and arm strengththat some rank better than Josh Allen's. He's got excellent  vision, quick feet, good pocket presence and the ability to sense the rush and escape it. All of these things were on display against the Giants.

yeesh at least we arent going this overboard

They forgot to mention that Baker is best dancer.

giphy.gif

8rGM.gif

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We’re debating Baker v Sam after week 1 of the preseason their rookie seasons?

Oh boy....

You mean I shouldn’t open a thread to debate who’s having a better post Browns career? Quinn or Anderceptionverde? ?

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Then why didn't Kessler start last year? Had a promising rookie campaign.  In fact, he lost his job to 2 other QBs before preseason even started and 3 by the time it ended (until the Osweiler trade) so it all means something, at least to Hue.

It means nothing in the context of who is a better player, will be better, etc.

I thought the context was pretty evident.

And did he lose it just based on preseason games, or did practice come into play as well?

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It means nothing in the context of who is a better player, will be better, etc.

I thought the context was pretty evident.

And did he lose it just based on preseason games, or did practice come into play as well?

Well that's what I implied, lost his job before preseason so practice means something. As did preseason, as Hogan passed him up there.

Darnold could end up the GOAT and Baker could never win an NFL game but predicting is different than just comparing the games they just played. Means little but 30-40% of this board didn't think Mayfield was a 1st round prospect before the draft and 90% thought Darnold was. He has a lot of catching up to do with those fans and it looks like him performing better and making many more NFL throws (that he didn't make in college) still has some yearning for Darnold.

I argued in defense of Baker pre-draft there is no way I'm going to back off now that he is a Brown.

Just keep them footballs in your pocket folks. Me and Dizzy are coming for ya.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well that's what I implied, lost his job before preseason so practice means something. As did preseason, as Hogan passed him up there.

Darnold could end up the GOAT and Baker could never win an NFL game but predicting is different than just comparing the games they just played. Means little but 30-40% of this board didn't think Mayfield was a 1st round prospect before the draft and 90% thought Darnold was. He has a lot of catching up to do with those fans and it looks like him performing better and making many more NFL throws (that he didn't make in college) still has some yearning for Darnold.

I argued in defense of Baker pre-draft there is no way I'm going to back off now that he is a Brown.

Just keep them footballs in your pocket folks. Me and Dizzy are coming for ya.

And when you two do, together, they will all swallow you whole.

Archived