Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

I want to get to that Russell Wilson comp and jump on board with it because I think it’s exciting and would mean a proper NFL QB.

But I just don’t see it at all on tape. I see Wilson, his 4.5 and special athletic ability when I watch him. When I watch Baker, I see a limited athlete working in a favourable scheme.

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I want to get to that Russell Wilson comp and jump on board with it because I think it’s exciting and would mean a proper NFL QB.

But I just don’t see it at all on tape. I see Wilson, his 4.5 and special athletic ability when I watch him. When I watch Baker, I see a limited athlete working in a favourable scheme.

I think he is better than Wilson "inside the pocket" or at least the potential to, true he is in a favorable scheme, but what he does inside the pocket and the decisions he makes during the heat of battle are his own

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think he is better than Wilson "inside the pocket" or at least the potential to, true he is in a favorable scheme, but what he does inside the pocket and the decisions he makes during the heat of battle are his own

His footwork and release are pretty good. He finds lanes to throw in. I think we can make it work.

48 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

About Baker...does anyone else ABSOLUTELY LOVE the fact that he's a huge ****? I love the fact that he literally hates his opponents. He's not out there trying to make buddies; he's there to humiliate you. I could honestly care less about any of his "antics" other than running from the police. That was the only thing I would look at as negative in his character evaluation. Love the crotch grab. Love the trash talk. Love throwing a football at a TCU player's head walking through their warm-up. He's the typical overcompetitive a-hole. As much as people will disagree with me, I think this shows that the dude just can't stomach losing. He's a psychopathic savage that wants to rip your heart out and stomp on it. If you don't love that about the kid, I don't know what to tell you.

He's not Johnny Manziel. That is the dumbest comparison in the universe. There's a reason you don't see NFL scouts or draftniks making that lazy comparison. It's because it's not even close to being accurate other than the fact they both created magic in college and happen to be under 6'1. Manziel was a drug addict. That was his off-field problem. Baker Mayfield doesn't have this issue. I truly feel that if you gave Manziel the arm and brain of Mayfield, he would have become a superstar QB. But he's an entitled addict. Mayfield is a humble dude that becomes a freaking savage monster on the field. This is definitely a thing. Obviously I'm not some superstar player--didn't even play in college--but I had that same kind of mentality. I wanted to smear dog crap in the face of my opponents and then bone their gf's and mothers in front of them after the game. Off the field? Pretty nice dude. But on game day, savage primal DNA took over. I know a ton of guys like this. You'd probably think I was the worst human being ever based on my gameday antics, but other than that, I'm pretty quiet and humble. I think Baker is the same way. I got goosebumps watching him grab his junk and scream at the opposing team. I freaking love that crap.

Oh, and I'm a Miami Hurricane fan, so obviously his swagger and trash talking doesn't bother me.

1409.gif

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

you have to remember that 24 gms liked darnold more then mayfield

accuracy how good was he throwing against nfl level cbs

He did well against the #4 pick in the draft, and he will be going against just as many zone concepts as he will individuals in the NFL

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

He did well against the #4 pick in the draft

Yeah, but this yahoo doesn't like Ward either for some insane reason. He wanted Chubb, whose production came against a bunch of half-brained mongoloids.

Baker Mayfield was the best QB in the draft by far at tight window completion percentage. Try again @mtmmike

9 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He did well against the #4 pick in the draft, and he will be going against just as many zone concepts as he will individuals in the NFL

I noticed you did not name dbs i believe against ward he only  completed 50 percent of his passes and that is the only cb that got drafted in 2 years that he played against.

2 in most of his td he is throwing to a wr that is nfl level against a bunch sophomore grocery store managers

buy the way this just a friendly conversation Oklahoma is my college football team i just did not have him graded that hi

15 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

read my response down below

lets have this conversation when he goes up against darnold week 3

28 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Forget the comps, people obsess over comps too much.

On the field, he has elite production, elite competitiveness, as much experience as a prospect can have, plus arm strength, elite accuracy, and according to coaches/scouts, elite processing ability.

On the downside he’s short.  Or at least shorter than folks would prefer, by about an inch and a half. Look at someone an inch and a half taller or shorter than you and ask yourself how big of a difference that is when you’re talking about a position where success and failure is not determined by height.  People don’t fail because they’re short or succeed because they’re tall. 6’2” qb’s don’t “see over the line” any more than a 6’0.5” guy does.

As far as comps, if Baker succeeds he’ll do it his own way, and folks will be looking for the next one like him.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Forget the comps, people obsess over comps too much.

On the field, he has elite production, elite competitiveness, as much experience as a prospect can have, plus arm strength, elite accuracy, and according to coaches/scouts, elite processing ability.

On the downside he’s short.  Or at least shorter than folks would prefer, by about an inch and a half. Look at someone an inch and a half taller or shorter than you and ask yourself how big of a difference that is when you’re talking about a position where success and failure is not determined by height.  People don’t fail because they’re short or succeed because they’re tall. 6’2” qb’s don’t “see over the line” any more than a 6’0.5” guy does.

As far as comps, if Baker succeeds he’ll do it his own way, and folks will be looking for the next one like him.

That’s been his MO his whole career why stop now.  

4 minutes ago, KobeInTheCut said:

Shout out to the guy on here who made that huge post about Dorsey loving Baker after the combine. Got 50 bucks down on 33/1 a few weeks ago bc of this forum. Ravens fan but you bet your *** I'm ordering that jersey. 

@Mind Character I think he was quite responsible for a lot of us dudes on here winning some good money. :)

Archived