Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

Njoku needs a qb who can place the ball with some touch. You look at that td in preseason. His jump ball ability and frame is his greatest strength. Tyrod had the chance to recreate that same throw but doesn't do it. 

Hard to be patient not wanting development to be ruined but the right pieces have to be in place at the right time.

39 minutes ago, matt27j said:

Njoku needs a qb who can place the ball with some touch. You look at that td in preseason. His jump ball ability and frame is his greatest strength. Tyrod had the chance to recreate that same throw but doesn't do it. 

Exactly.  He’s special down the field one on one as an absolute mismatch.

His talent is wasted running drag and stick routes imo.

8 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Man, that pass was 100% hail mary. It better not give him a few weeks. He consistently looked bad in his throws all night that were past ten yards.

The media is weird. They decided Tyrod was the leader of men pretty early and consistently heap praise on Taylor. I heard some comments that seemed the beginning of the hive mind's mass exodus from Taylor support. I expect the media to talk more about Baker, whom they've mostly been ignoring despite his draft position, up to this point. That's been my perception, at least.

I don't disagree, but the fact is Tyrod is doing just enough to keep this team in games. That's who he is, and who he's always been. 

I personally expect Baker to play much better than Taylor, even right off the bat, but we all know the Browns want to wait as long as possible this season to make the change.

I can tell you, behind the scenes at my station, there's a helluva lotta talk about Baker.

11 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

He needs to catch the ball regardless of what route he runs.  His hands have started where they left off last year. 

He’s got questionable hands, always has, but he wasn’t really drafted to be a sure handed check down option.  Those guys are a dime a dozen.

Njoku was brought in to create mismatches, and thus far we haven’t been letting him do that.

Drops will likely be a part of his game we have to deal with, just like teams did with TO, but if he’s making those plays down the field you can live with a drop every now and then.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:12 AM, bosko1616 said:

Ideally we wait with Baker let him get till atleast after the bye week to sit and learn. I think it’s a matter of the offense catching up before we put Baker out there. Let Harrison and the OL jell. Let Chubb and Njuko start contributing more. Let everyone have a decent Knowledge of the playbook before we throw him out there. Let’s face it we’re prob another offseason way before we start talking about playoffs. I’ve been all for Baker going out there but after yesterday. This team doesn’t even know how to win yet. I’m not throwing Baker out there to get him beat up. 

Except Baker would have won that game--pretty much any starting NFL quarterback would have. So there's that.

On 9/18/2018 at 10:06 PM, BrownsDog23 said:

I think Baker should be the starter. 

Hot take of the year.

Yeah, lol, seems pretty obvious.  He does almost everything better than Tyrod.  If there are 100 things that go into being an NFL QB, Baker does 97 of them better than Tyrod right now, and in a month or two it will probably be 99 or 100.  

Archived