Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

43 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Crazy to me how the police can just have you at gunpoint so quickly.

Police have to react based on the imformation they know at the time and are judged by that (Graham v. Connor). They treated the situation based on the caller’s information provided. When they arrive with that information, and someone runs, that only corroborates the information provided, in the eyes of law enforcement.

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Police have to react based on the imformation they know at the time and are judged by that (Graham v. Connor). They treated the situation based on the caller’s information provided. When they arrive with that information, and someone runs, that only corroborates the information provided, in the eyes of law enforcement.

Yup it is a perfectly acceptable and expected police procedure

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah. I guess I should rather say that it’s crazy how anyone can so easily have a gun or create a situation that results in gunpoint. Rightly or wrongly.

I didn’t really have an opinion either way. Just an observation.

Guessing this is a controversial debate anyway and not the place to bring it up. My bad!

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Yeah. I guess I should rather say that it’s crazy how anyone can so easily have a gun or create a situation that results in gunpoint. Rightly or wrongly.

I didn’t really have an opinion either way. Just an observation.

Guessing this is a controversial debate anyway and not the place to bring it up. My bad!

No worries bruh, I gotcha. 

14 hours ago, brownie man said:

has anyone else watched Behind Baker?

Just watched it pretty good stuff still crazy he didnt know for sure he would be picked number 1

I found myself liking him more after watching it. Like @Thomas5737 mentioned earlier, most pro athletes are pretty cocky, but he didn’t really rub me the wrong way. And I’m old and cranky.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Auburn’s defense is usually dog ****, but this was fun t watch.

Yeah not sure how people (Aztec IIRC) can question how Baker does under fire. He's a wizard, yet I've seen several people throw this narrative out there that he falls apart under pressure. Just not true.

13 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah not sure how people (Aztec IIRC) can question how Baker does under fire. He's a wizard, yet I've seen several people throw this narrative out there that he falls apart under pressure. Just not true.

I'm not disputing his ability under pressure, but there really weren't many spectacular throws in that game, IMO. I mean I saw receivers having to slow down, adjust their routes, etc on various tough throws. So they're not perfect. Still, I believe in our QB. I realize this is just one game and it's from '16.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

BAKER GETS HIS MARK ANDREWS

Dude was so underutilized last year. Especially the second half of the year when his blocking VASTLY improved.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

What will Hue be doing exactly?

According to his presser yesterday, he is going to be much more hands on helping coach all position groups, where as last year he pretty much set up camp in Kizer's ear.  He spoke of helping with the defensive groups as well as the offensive groups.

Then on game day, obviously managing the flow of the game, time outs, player substitutions, challenges, etc.

Archived