Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

29 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

If you're worried about me liking you too much, rest assured that I think you're one of the worst posters on this site. I'll take @DizzyDean's QB predictions over yours and just leave it at that.

LOL

Thats ok I’ve heard worse. You’re probably the reincarnation of DaBrowns41.

Getting hostile in here. It’s like if you disagree with certain people about Baker, you are entirely discredited. People need to learn to be okay having different opinions about a dude and an evaluation, be it as a person or player. Lots of GMs even thought Baker was a d-bag. I think everyday fans should be permitted the same opinion without being discredited.

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Getting hostile in here. It’s like if you disagree with certain people about Baker, you are entirely discredited. People need to learn to be okay having different opinions about a dude and an evaluation, be it as a person or player. Lots of GMs even thought Baker was a d-bag. I think everyday fans should be permitted the same opinion without being discredited.

I'm pretty sure, other than @Mind Character, it's just MWil and Nude, and I'm pretty sure they just love to argue.

31 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'm pretty sure, other than @Mind Character, it's just MWil and Nude, and I'm pretty sure they just love to argue.

Love to argue? Me? How dare you sir...

Lol... I'm the same as I've always been... 

I'm cool with any take that is substantiated... even if by a little bit of something....

I never have any serious qualms with your analysis of Baker's game and if I do/or ever did... I retort with evidenced-based claims of my own to make a counter-argument given my interpretation of things.

I only get a little testy when I come on here and see people quote my posts or @ me in ways that misrepresent or ignore the analysis in my post from the start and doesn't even address the evidence therein... while they just put out more gross generalizations imo... and misrepresentations of my claims....

In closing, I would just like to say that I am proud and pumped that we passed on Saquon, Chubb, Rosen, and Darnold when we had 2 picks in the top 4... it was a job well done... and we are on our way to victory!!!

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think most have stopped with the negatives about Baker that are made up or hold no weight. Not all, there is still some stuff being thrown out there to discredit him for things that aren't true or there is no known negative that comes with it but less people doing it now.

Occasionally we'll still see that Darnold is a better athlete, has a better arm, is smarter, more durable etc... We'll also see that Darnold can make NFL throws and Baker didn't because he had all day to throw to wide open receivers and that he just threw it behind the LOS and let his receivers make plays and played in the BIG12 so he didn't have to face defenses like the PAC10 brings every Saturday.

Some people are still angry though so I get it. I wasn't all in on any QB, back against the wall I take Baker but I'm only mad right now if we had taken Allen #1. I'd let it play out and hope he proves me wrong not find anything I could no matter how insignificant to show he wasn't nearly as good of a prospect as the guy I like but then we are all different.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Not really. I was actually joking around til Nude made it personal. Now I’m legitimately pissed.

Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. I threw my back out yesterday and have been in a ton of pain ever since. I may have been unconsciously looking for a scuffle.

Again, sorry about that. Your gif game is strong and your takes generally well supported. I just really want some accord in the forum though realize that isn't something to put an expectation on.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. I threw my back out yesterday and have been in a ton of pain ever since. I may have been unconsciously looking for a scuffle.

Again, sorry about that. Your gif game is strong and your takes generally well supported. I just really want some accord in the forum though realize that isn't something to put an expectation on.

Sorry to hear about your back dog.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

No problem man. I’m good. I’m sorry for being abrasive as well. I hope your back gets better soon!!!

DB41 is actually good dude IRL. I went to training camp with him on a two-a-day Saturday during Brady Quinn's rookie year. We got sloppy drunk in between sessions, and almost got kicked out for heckling the team. Definitely on my top 5 best Browns-related experiences. He did get super salty on here though.

7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

DB41 is actually good dude IRL. I went to training camp with him on a two-a-day Saturday during Brady Quinn's rookie year. We got sloppy drunk in between sessions, and almost got kicked out for heckling the team. Definitely on my top 5 best Browns-related experiences. He did get super salty on here though.

He was fine until he became a mod. Then the power corrupted him. With great power comes great responsibility.

Archived