Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

She looks like she's 35 years old to me. Would I smash? 110%. And I'd brag about it for the rest of my life. But she has the face of a 35 year old (that isn't too old, btw...just a weird observation I made).

Yeah she looks a lot older in this picture then her other pictures

I know I am being a Nervous Nellie here, but training camp is just eight days away, and our top two choices, Baker and Denzel, remain unsigned.

If we were under the old system, I would be in full blown panic mode. I understand our remaining draft picks were selected at 1 and 4 - not 17 and 21. That may be throwing a wrench into the process. With the current "slotted" system in place, the only thing I can see that really can be a major stumbling block is the offset language.

Does anyone here have any 411 on the status of the contract talks for both our boys? I would hate to see a season kicked to the curb due to contract issues that result in holdouts.

25 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I know I am being a Nervous Nellie here, but training camp is just eight days away, and our top two choices, Baker and Denzel, remain unsigned.

If we were under the old system, I would be in full blown panic mode. I understand our remaining draft picks were selected at 1 and 4 - not 17 and 21. That may be throwing a wrench into the process. With the current "slotted" system in place, the only thing I can see that really can be a major stumbling block is the offset language.

Does anyone here have any 411 on the status of the contract talks for both our boys? I would hate to see a season kicked to the curb due to contract issues that result in holdouts.

To calm some nerves, the only top 9 picks signed are 5 and 6.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Barkey just signed for a completely guaranteed contract. Bad contract for the Giants IMO. 

Baker will likely want the same. 

pretty sure every 1st rd pick contract is fully guaranteed

14 hours ago, buno67 said:

pretty sure every 1st rd pick contract is fully guaranteed

Nope. The offset language has been the big sticking point with all of the "holdouts" in the last few years.

15 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Nope. The offset language has been the big sticking point with all of the "holdouts" in the last few years.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/16/nfl-rookie-contracts-fine-print

Most first-round contracts are fully guaranteed for all four years. Where offset language comes into play, where teams want to get money back if they release a player and they get picked up, that they want some of their money back. But every where I see is that a majority of 1st rd picks are guaranteed 

Archived