Nobody is posting the Chubb pick?

jsthomp2007

The aspects of Chubbs game that make him a really fun player are the mind games. I know it’s been talked about but the stealing of his opponents towels after plays, the trash talking, the dancing. He is going to be an exciting player and a fan favorite. 

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

The aspects of Chubbs game that make him a really fun player are the mind games. I know it’s been talked about but the stealing of his opponents towels after plays, the trash talking, the dancing. He is going to be an exciting player and a fan favorite. 

I was on the QB train, but I'm really excited to have a young player to key in on every down and root for. Wouldn't have been much fun having our QB on the bench.

One of the great parts of being an NBA fan is you can always enjoy watching young players throughout the games and seeing how they improve from game to game - even if the team isn't great. The Broncos haven't had that for a couple years, so I'm excited to lock in on BC next season even if the team is still gonna suck

BTW here's the official story on what DEN turned down once Chubb was OTC at 1.5:

http://www.9news.com/article/sports/look-inside-elways-day-1-strategy-why-chubb-trumped-bills-hefty-trade-offer/73-546939481

Had the Browns with their No. 4 pick selected Chubb, the Broncos would have taken the Bills’ trade package. According to sources, the Broncos would have acquired the Bills’ No. 12 and No. 22 picks in the first round and one of their two second-round picks (either No. 53 or No. 56 overall) while Denver would have sent one of its third-round picks (No. 71 or no. 99) back to Buffalo.

But when the Browns took Ohio State cornerback Denzel Ward at No. 4, Chubb was still available at No. 5.

Call Buffalo. The deal is off. Indianapolis with the No. 6 pick called the Broncos about moving up one spot to take Chubb. Elway decided to take tremendous quality – his guy -- over decent quantity.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

BTW here's the official story on what DEN turned down once Chubb was OTC at 1.5:

http://www.9news.com/article/sports/look-inside-elways-day-1-strategy-why-chubb-trumped-bills-hefty-trade-offer/73-546939481

Man, I love Chubb but I dont know if I would have turned that down. You cant know in the moment who would have been there but It would/could have been

Chubb + Freeman

vs

Vita Vea + Isaiah Wynn + Isiah Oliver

17 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Man, I love Chubb but I dont know if I would have turned that down. You cant know in the moment who would have been there but It would/could have been

Chubb + Freeman

vs

Vita Vea + Isaiah Wynn + Isiah Oliver

Yeah that’s very fair.   I’d have loved that result.  Or even Hernandez.  

But unlike the draft as it progresses at 2.40 or 3.71, 3.99, etc - at those stages you can see how the Board is falling for the next round & pick.  At 1.5 you can’t nearly as well.  

So I do not blame Elway for going Chubb 1.5.  Given what he knew at 1.5 and didn’t know Chubb at 1.5 still is an A call.   The way I see it it was a no lose proposition.  

What I’m really encouraged by is that Elway and Kubiak planned multiple contingencies for how the first 4 picks would go.   And had 3 options.  That level of flexibility to how the Big Board fell was completely absent the last 3 if not 5 years.   I would have loved to see the same flexibility for 2.40 in passing on WR realizing the dropoff was small enough to get a better overall result; but maybe that’s too much to go from 0 to full speed - walk before you run deal lol.  

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah that’s very fair.   I’d have loved that result.  Or even Hernandez.  

But unlike the draft as it progresses at 2.40 or 3.71, 3.99, etc - at those stages you can see how the Board is falling for the next round & pick.  At 1.5 you can’t nearly as well.  

So I do not blame Elway for going Chubb 1.5.  Given what he knew at 1.5 and didn’t know Chubb at 1.5 an A call.   The way I see it it was a no lose proposition.  

What I’m really encouraged by is that Elway and Kubiak planned multiple contingencies for how the first 4 picks would go.   And had 3 options.  That level of flexibility to how the Big Board fell was completely absent the last 3 if not 5 years.   I would have loved to see the same flexibility for 2.40 in passing on WR but maybe that’s too much to go from 0 to full speed - walk before you run deal lol.  

Honestly, Im not even mad that he turned it down! I'm glad he did. I just don't know if I would have had the balls to stick to my guns like that. 

Archived