Sign in to follow this  
y2lamanaki

49ers Select Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame #9 Overall

At least he is a far superior run blocker than Brown. Brown is really one dimensional. Great pass blocker but he really sucks as a run blocker. Now lets hope the rumor of Brown for the Broncos 2nd is true.

Absolute best case scenario ? He's Jack Conklin. I could probably live with that. But I Think that's best case scenario. 

Bad pick. Not completely unreasonable, but still...there were so many better options, especially a trade with the Cards should have been the best option. I don't get it.

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

Bad pick. Not completely unreasonable, but still...there were so many better options, especially a trade with the Cards should have been the best option. I don't get it.

Completely unreasonable in my opinion lol. 

Ummm.....WHAT??

Not that McG is a bad player. I actually like him alot but where does he play and why@9? If its RT, then what are we doing with Brown? If its OG than he's definitely a reach. Could have traded back and got him in the early teens IMO..

Just now, Forge said:

Completely unreasonable in my opinion lol. 

Completely unreasonable if a trade is not already in place. Very, very unreasonable if one is.

Just now, Ninerjunkie said:

Great pick. I'm sorry but Staley isn't getting any younger.

That's not the issue for most. We'd all be more likely to agree if there was a better fit at OT. 

Last year was mostly the same. We never had a visit with Thomas either. 

It looks to me we have visits with guys that we have question marks about and not necessarily with the guys we are most interested in. 

6 minutes ago, Ninerjunkie said:

Great pick. I'm sorry but Staley isn't getting any younger.

Nothing great about this pick...and Staley is here for at least 2 more years and he's comging off his best season in a while. We could have used a SAM this year. We could have used another corner, this year. A pass rusher. He also wasn't anywhere close to a top 10 prospect, he just wasn't. This isn't Tyson Alualu bad, but it's a big reach. 

my biggest issue is we didnt improve the Oline we still have horrible guards 

Was it one of the "Matt's" that first linked us to McGlinchey? Whoever it was deserves some props though as it felt like it came out of nowhere and now bam.