RB Saquon Barkley selected by Giants 1.2

Acgott

Congratulations on the pick, Giants fans!  He's going to be a great one. 

Now I'm just hoping you can somehow land Lamar Jackson.  I've been saying for months that those two would be an incredible combo.  Even though I'm a fan of another NFC team, I really want to see those two in the same backfield.

I'm excited about him. I don't know if it was the right decision though. Seems like they chose some short term offensive ammo rather then a long term plan. I hope Eli makes me eat crow and comes out this season and has a renaissance because with all these weapons and a rebuilt Oline he's not going to have any excuses if he stinks. But this kid is going to be amazing to watch. I don't ever recall a time in my 30+ years of watching the Gmen of having both an elite WR and RB on this offense (assuming Barkley lives up to the hype).

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I thought sure you guys were going to get Jackson.  Oh well, Barkley is a great haul for the first round all by himself. 

Running quarterbacks take a beating in the NFL.  And he’s not going to beat you from the pocket.  He’s another in the long line of great running college qbs that will fail in the NFL.  Tebow, RG3, Pryor, etc.  

Happy to see this kid taken by us. I really had thought we were looking at a QB when Darnold was passed on by Cleveland. But hey we got a guy whom is an extremely rare talent. Well see what happens. Now Gettleman has to address his hog molys. Im thinking Will Hernandez or Connor Williams is up next. I prefer Hernandez because of how much of a road grader he is. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Mason Rudolph in round 2?

I don't understand why people think this would happen. They think Eli Manning still has a lot left and that they can win with him. If they are wrong, they'll be picking near the top of the draft again anyway. They are going to see what they have in Davis Webb and won't even think about another QB until they have an answer there. Everyone thinks Hernandez is the guy. They are guaranteed either him or Landry and I would be happy with either.

Just now, GMENNATION said:

I don't understand why people think this would happen. They think Eli Manning still has a lot left and that they can win with him. If they are wrong, they'll be picking near the top of the draft again anyway. They are going to see what they have in Davis Webb and won't even think about another QB until they have an answer there. Everyone thinks Hernandez is the guy. They are guaranteed either him or Landry and I would be happy with either.

Next year's QB class looks... dreadful.

So who else has watched the Gettleman press conference? He literally can't talk about Saquon without blushing lol. You could see the hearts popping out of Gettlemans eyes. It was clearly Barkley or bust to him. I'm glad he got his guy.

2 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

So who else has watched the Gettleman press conference? He literally can't talk about Saquon without blushing lol. You could see the hearts popping out of Gettlemans eyes. It was clearly Barkley or bust to him. I'm glad he got his guy.

I’m watching more highlights of him right now.  He’s an absolute freak of nature.  He makes college defenders look like they’re junior varsity.  The speed and cutting ability at 6’0” 233 is jaw dropping 

29 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I’m watching more highlights of him right now.  He’s an absolute freak of nature.  He makes college defenders look like they’re junior varsity.  The speed and cutting ability at 6’0” 233 is jaw dropping 

I hate even constructing this sentence, but: I imagine that's what it was like watching Jim Brown play against his "peers" back in the day.

I'm not already putting him on that level... just the fact that no one comes close to matching up with a 233lb back with that kind of speed and agility. 

Archived