RB Saquon Barkley selected by Giants 1.2

Acgott

1 hour ago, w4rrior723 said:

I just noticed something lol... Anyone else realize SB looks and even kinda sounds like Cruz? 

I don't see the similarity in looks at all, but I can hear the similarities in the voice. Both are humble dudes from the northeast so it makes sense. 

18 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Whenever Fromm comes out, he will be a better prospect than anyone from this year. 

And just how are we going to get him? We are not going to have the 2nd pick in the draft again for a while. And if he is as good as you think he is then other teams in better draft position will also be trying to get him. We had our chance at a franchise QB and we blew it. If we win one more Superbowl with Eli I can see it being worth it. If not and Sam Darnold becomes the franchise QB that he most likely will be, then getting Barkley to me would have been a mistake.

11 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

And just how are we going to get him? We are not going to have the 2nd pick in the draft again for a while. And if he is as good as you think he is then other teams in better draft position will also be trying to get him. We had our chance at a franchise QB and we blew it. If we win one more Superbowl with Eli I can see it being worth it. If not and Sam Darnold becomes the franchise QB that he most likely will be, then getting Barkley to me would have been a mistake.

If you want him, you sell the farm and get him.

Darnold has nothing to do with our pick. If Barkley pans out, it was a great pick. If he busts, then it was a bad pick. That's it. You can't play the hindsight game. It doesn't work like that, and you'll be beating yourself up about every pick because no team has ever had a perfect draft. 

Just now, minutemancl said:

If you want him, you sell the farm and get him.

Darnold has nothing to do with our pick. If Barkley pans out, it was a great pick. If he busts, then it was a bad pick. That's it. You can't play the hindsight game. It doesn't work like that, and you'll be beating yourself up about every pick because no team has ever had a perfect draft. 

What do you consider selling the farm? The RG3 draft deal and again what happens when another team in a better draft position offers the same deal.

And this is not about having the perfect draft, it is about how hard it is to get a franchise QB. There are teams out there that have gone decades with out a franchise QB, Bills, Jets, Browns, Dolphins just to name a few. 

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

What do you consider selling the farm? The RG3 draft deal and again what happens when another team in a better draft position offers the same deal.

And this is not about having the perfect draft, it is about how hard it is to get a franchise QB. There are teams out there that have gone decades with out a franchise QB, Bills, Jets, Browns, Dolphins just to name a few. 

There's risk in every move. How about if the Giants drafted a QB this year and he busted? That sets the team back 5 years. They weren't very high on any of them, so there's a solid chance of that happening. The only thing you can do is gather as much information as possible and let that decide who your guy is. Forcing yourself to take a QB that you don't love right now because you MIGHT need one in a couple years is a bad move. No one has any idea how things will develop. Someone could fall to them in the draft like Rodgers or Rosen, or they they may have an opportunity to pick up a FA like Cousins, Keenum or Brees. You just never know how the future unfolds, so you don't made desperate decisions in fear. The Giants are smart by having a couple of young QBs with promise develop. 

Gettleman said something interesting in his press conference after Day 1. He said they had a guy on their board that they kept trying to figure out how he fits in with what they're trying to do. After some time they realized they're trying to force something that isn't a natural fit, so they took him off their board. I wonder who that guy was and if it was a QB? Or maybe it was Chubb?

1 hour ago, Danger said:

New Orleans had a pretty damn amazing draft last year.

Its only been 1 year, but yeah it looks pretty good. The Steelers had a good one as well that one year in the 70s. Ravens in 96 as well. Still, you could make those drafts even better with hindsight. 

• 1 month later...

Archived