Bucs draft DT Vita Vea - SIGNED

bucsfan333

I'm not concerned with snap counts either. We've got a full stable of DTs now that we can rotate for four quarters without having a "weak" group out there.

I've grown to accept the pick. It makes sense with Smitty at defensive coordinator. Getting two seconds is awesome. Especially since the second round looks like the spot to be in this draft.

If he can be taught a better get-off the ball (cough GMC cough) and learn to use his freakish athleticism to penetrate more consistent and be disruptive, he could be special.

He is an elite athlete for his size, he's basically the Saquan Barkley or Derwin James of DT's in terms of size/speed/athleticism.

I have no doubts about him controlling the LOS in the run game though, he's a beast there.

My biggest issue with him is the get off the ball and he can disappear from games, which makes me question the motor some. Hopefully, being at the next level will challenge him more and it won't be an issue. 

He flashes All Pro potential, so hoping we see that more consistently moving forward...

25 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If he can be taught a better get-off the ball (cough GMC cough) and learn to use his freakish athleticism to penetrate more consistent and be disruptive, he could be special.

He is an elite athlete for his size, he's basically the Saquan Barkley or Derwin James of DT's in terms of size/speed/athleticism.

I have no doubts about him controlling the LOS in the run game though, he's a beast there.

My biggest issue with him is the get off the ball and he can disappear from games, which makes me question the motor some. Hopefully, being at the next level will challenge him more and it won't be an issue. 

He flashes All Pro potential, so hoping we see that more consistently moving forward...

Hopefully learn some pass rush moves as well. Obviously he can bull rush and has a dangerous hump move but thats about it. He is so big and strong that often times he bullies offensive lineman with his power. He tends to get away from his technique. I think if he can learn a few pass rush moves and clean up is technique and stay low when firing off the ball he could be special. Has a couple of great guys like McCoy and Buckner to learn from.

Archived