Bucs draft DT Vita Vea - SIGNED

bucsfan333

52 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's not what he does. McDonald sucked at it when he asked him to do it too. 

Yeah he is a penetrator type DT but we thought he could play the NT. Boy was I wrong, weight means nothing in regards to style of play.

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Wow, if that doesnt get you fired up reading the whole piece by Steve White, something isnt right.  On a side note, I hope White gets picked up by one of the major networks, Ive been a big fan of his work for years.

1 hour ago, What_The_Buc said:

Will Vita Vea be missing camps with us? I know that the NFL has the rule where they can’t participate until graduation. I remember ASJ missing time and Inalso believe Benenoch did as well.

If so thats such a joke!

32 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Interesting read. I really hope we didn't knock James down because he chose not to workout at the Pro-Day and stand on his combine numbers. That's asanine if so.

Can't fault a guy for going through the testing once, passing with flying colors and then standing on that to avoid injury/protect his career.

47 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Interesting read. I really hope we didn't knock James down because he chose not to workout at the Pro-Day and stand on his combine numbers. That's asanine if so.

Can't fault a guy for going through the testing once, passing with flying colors and then standing on that to avoid injury/protect his career.

It doesn't sound like that was it. I almost wonder if we'd have taken James if we had to stay at seven. Like the article says, once we traded back, we were able to go BPA.

Wanna see the most ridiculous thing you'll ever read?

"In 2016, we're playing USC in Husky Stadium, and he chased after a screen," Washington defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake said of Vea. "We have those Catapult trackers, and he ran 20 miles an hour on our charts, which is very impressive for a guy who's 340 pounds, obviously. That was one of many episodes where I saw 'Hey, this guy's a freak athlete.' "

To put 20 mph in perspective on a football field (and like 40 times, everybody's got a little different reading): The NFL times everything now, and the single-fastest time they recorded of any ballcarrier during the 2017 NFL season was Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette, at 22.05 mph. And Vea is roughly 120 pounds heavier.

Archived