Roquan Smith - ILB #8 overall

bkokot

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Smith had 6.5 sacks last year ? I didn’t know he could blitz as well.

Draft selection bio said he really picked up his blitzing prowess this last season, as MadMike noted, especially with great timing on delayed blitzes. In addition to the blitzing and sideline to sideline play, they showed him turning and running to cover a guy going deep into the corner of the endzone and knocking the ball away.

Complete LB with great football IQ. Had turned into my favorite 'likey' guy the last few days. Made for the new NFL game. Also, allows you to get by with stocking up on big fat guys up front that don't have to be great Dlinemen, just great at keeping blockers off of Smith.

My hope is that I'll have to change my tag in a few years from 51to54 to 51to????

11 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Can someone expand a bit with this phrase “perfect for the modern nfl.” Does that mean can cover WRs RBs and TEs or simply can do a bit of everything?

You're right. He is a 3 down player that can thrive vs the pass, rather than a two down thumper like the decades before. So he can cover and play the run well. NOt just a little of everything, more that he doesn't have a real weakness, and he will be a solid player for any formation or goal we have.

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Dude is deadly on delayed blitzes. 

Were they planned delayed blitzes or mad-dogs (covering the RB but seeing he is staying in to block, so his priority becomes rushing the passer)

Not trying to insult anyone's football IQ by giving the definition, that's just what we called in in college and IDK if that was a local thing or not. He liked to make his own names for stuff.

Archived