1st Round Pick (14th Overall): Traded to the Saints

CWood21

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Exactly.  Or even if he just has a down year.  I am a big fan of this move.  Anything less than a first round pick and I would have been absolutely LIVID. 

Personally, I wanted their 3rd this year but you have to feel pretty damn strong about the board.  I had a feeling that Minkah was the guy they wanted all along.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Exactly.  Or even if he just has a down year.  I am a big fan of this move.  Anything less than a first round pick and I would have been absolutely LIVID. 

Yeah it’s a risk but shows Gute has some faith to what we have in house. 

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Personally, I wanted their 3rd this year but you have to feel pretty damn strong about the board.  I had a feeling that Minkah was the guy they wanted all along.

I'd have been mad with just a 3rd to take the substantial drop off in draft position that we took.  Personally, I'd have preferred their second this year over what is very likely a late first next year (New Orleans doesn't have a 2nd though).  Our window is very small right night now given the issues at Edge, CB and WR could only get worse next year.   I'd have rather had more help for this season personally.  

Crazy that Gute's first move in the draft as a GM is focused solely on the future and not winning now.

Just now, SSG said:

I'd have been mad with just a 3rd to take the substantial drop off in draft position.  Personally, I'd have preferred their second this year over what is very likely a late first next year (New Orleans doesn't have a 2nd though).  Our window is very small right night now given the issues at Edge, CB and WR could only get worse next year.   I'd have rather had more help for this season personally.  Crazy that Gute's first move in the draft as a GM is focused solely on the future and not winning now.

No.  I meant a 3rd on top of the future 1st.

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

I'd have been mad with just a 3rd to take the substantial drop off in draft position.  Personally, I'd have preferred their second this year over what is very likely a late first next year (New Orleans doesn't have a 2nd though).  Our window is very small right night now given the issues at Edge, CB and WR could only get worse next year.   I'd have rather had more help for this season personally.  Crazy that Gute's first move in the draft as a GM is focused solely on the future and not winning now.

Agree.

NOLA was a lucky pass from the NFCCG this year. They gonna fall off the face of the earth this year? Somehow I doubt it.

Archived