Falcons extend Devonta Freeman

GSUeagles14

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:
7 minutes ago, coors said:

I hope not. Freeman Coleman 1-2 punch is heavy.. 

but that's a lot of money they would have locked up into the RB position. For as great as they are as a tandem, I don't know if it's worth it..

Too much young talent on D to lock yourself into two top 10 RB contracts. Coleman is gone

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

so what does this mean for Tevin Coleman? will they let him walk when his contract expires? 

Definitely, unless he stays on a rediculously small deal. Coleman is very good, but his role behind Freeman is replacable by Freeman himself and vets and young guys. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

but that's a lot of money they would have locked up into the RB position. For as great as they are as a tandem, I don't know if it's worth it..

I think it behooves Coleman to walk. He'll get much more money on the open market, because everyone knows he could be a very good #1. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

A number 1 or a number 1 of 2?

A number 1. I'm higher on Coleman than I am on Freeman, think he could be a three down guy in the right offense. Young, low milage - has some health concerns, but nothing to keep you up at night.

16 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

A number 1. I'm higher on Coleman than I am on Freeman, think he could be a three down guy in the right offense. Young, low milage - has some health concerns, but nothing to keep you up at night.

I always thought he'd be a great fit in Green Bay

30 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Personally this seems a bit too much for him.

He was top ten in every statistical category for a RB last year and now gets paid accordingly. His avg salary is only about 1 mil more than guys like Doug Martin, Leonard Fournette, Lamar Miller, Chris Ivory, and Demarco Murray. He makes 200,000 more a year than McCoy and Bell is on his franchise tag. This is at value for a guy his age and production. You can argue the RB value if you want, but this is what the NFL is paying top 10 RB's right now. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

He was top ten in every statistical category for a RB last year and now gets paid accordingly. His avg salary is only about 1 mil more than guys like Doug Martin, Leonard Fournette, Lamar Miller, Chris Ivory, and Demarco Murray. He makes 200,000 more a year than McCoy and Bell is on his franchise tag. This is at value for a guy his age and production. You can argue the RB value if you want, but this is what the NFL is paying top 10 RB's right now. 

Imo those guys are all overpaid. As a Dolphin fan, even if Ajayi continues to produce the way he did last year, I wouldn't want to invest in a large contract for him. Investing in a RB just hasn't shown to lead to championships.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:
1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Imo those guys are all overpaid. As a Dolphin fan, even if Ajayi continues to produce the way he did last year, I wouldn't want to invest in a large contract for him. Investing in a RB just hasn't shown to lead to championships.

I'd have to say your complaint isnt with Freeman or the Falcons but with how the league in general values the RB position. In the current market, the Falcons did very well with this contract. 

Archived