1.13 (13) Washington Redskins select Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

Woz

10 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Reports are Payne was higher on the Skins list then Vea. This could be a Trent Williams over Okung type move that ends up making a lot more sense in a couple of years.

Not sure whether to feel better about the pick now... or feel more concerned over their scouting ability. :P 

40 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Reports are Payne was higher on the Skins list then Vea. This could be a Trent Williams over Okung type move that ends up making a lot more sense in a couple of years.

Kiper had Payne higher ( For what THAT's worth ! )

I really like this pick.  I was actually hoping for one of Fitzpatrick and Vea but they went the two spots leading up to the pick.  Can't really get upset about not taking guys when they were never an option.

Edmunds was the guy I was expecting us to take, and maybe would be my preference if I had to think about it, but I really can't complain about what we got.

Guys  your way over thinking this. Payne was being mocked anywhere from Washington to 18-20. That’s not a huge reach. What good is Derwin James tackling Saquon and Zeke 30 yards downfield? Anyone can do that. A unit on this team is finally a force and its arguably the most important unit. It’s gonna be great throwing around Martin and Frederick and stuffing Zeke at the line 

PS. Now Preston, in his contract year I believe, is more free to hunt

2 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Guys  your way over thinking this. Payne was being mocked anywhere from Washington to 18-20. That’s not a huge reach. What good is Derwin James tackling Saquon and Zeke 30 yards downfield? Anyone can do that. A unit on this team is finally a force and its arguably the most important unit. It’s gonna be great throwing around Martin and Frederick and stuffing Zeke at the line 

I know I know

Just felt like we got shot down by our first choice ( vea) and we got stuck with the homecoming runner up. I want James too but we needed a big body. What I want an independent prosecutor appointed to investigate is did we turn down the saints offer? If so, that’s a mistake 

3 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I know I know

Just felt like we got shot down by our first choice ( vea) and we got stuck with the homecoming runner up. I want James too but we needed a big body. What I want an independent prosecutor appointed to investigate is did we turn down the saints offer? If so, that’s a mistake 

I hear that but we never get super nice things. I’ve liked Payne all year and it got to man crush levels after the natty so I’m probably too happy. They never pick the guy I want. 

So the question is, stay put at 13 or get some combination of 

A) Guice/Michel/Chubb/Penny/etc., plus No. 147 (5th round), 1st rounder 2019
B) Josh Jackson plus No. 147 (5th round), 1st rounder 2019
C) Will Hernandez plus No. 147 (5th round), 1st rounder 2019
D) Harold Landry plus No. 147 (5th round), 1st rounder 2019

Bonus: Maybe Payne falls and we still get him plus No. 147 (5th round), 1st rounder 2019

Well? I would have opted for A or C definitely.Would have been fine with B. Obviously there are other options. Just listed some.

Archived