1st Round Pick (18th Overall): Jaire Alexander [CB; Louisville]

CWood21

This is probably the 2nd big clue on what the Pettine Defense is going to look like after the Wilkerson Signing.

Rather than relying on traditional edge pass rush, we are going to see exotic blitz defenses with man coverage behind it.  Alexander is part of that man skills corner back end, as is King, and hopefully one of Tramon and House can not fall on their faces out there.

Wilkerson's positional versatility helps with the confused fronts.  Allows clay and Daniels to be used creatively.

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

This is probably the 2nd big clue on what the Pettine Defense is going to look like after the Wilkerson Signing.

Rather than relying on traditional edge pass rush, we are going to see exotic blitz defenses with man coverage behind it.  Alexander is part of that man skills corner back end, as is King, and hopefully one of Tramon and House can not fall on their faces out there.

Wilkerson's positional versatility helps with the confused fronts.  Allows clay and Daniels to be used creatively.

As long as it's more effective than Capers' blitz packages, I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I didn't. I had my kids by myself all evening and had to set a good example :)

And right you were to do so. They'll be better people because of it.

Besides....its not like you cant order up a new batch to pig out on tonight! :)

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

Did Prime on the NFLN talk to him after he was picked?  I went back to baseball afterwards...

I honestly cannot recall.  I know the links to some interviews were posted from the Packers facebook page.  The head scout was interviewed and that was on packers.com last night.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm concerned they might have fancy cool names that will trigger me

/s

Better strategy. Name all of the packages something really pleasant. That way the offensive linemen won't know what hit them. "O the Packers are employing their new Bunny package. Guess we don't have to watch film or practice for this game"  

Just now, Spartacus said:

Better strategy. Name all of the packages something really pleasant. That way the offensive linemen won't know what hit them. "O the Packers are employing their new Bunny package. Guess we don't have to watch film or practice for this game"  

This is brilliant. Who has Pettines email

mpettine@packers.com prolly

Archived