1st Round Pick (18th Overall): Jaire Alexander [CB; Louisville]

CWood21

People here wanted the Honey Badger who's 5'9 and he's been pretty good in this league. I think this kid is comparable to Mathieu with ball skills, speed and return ability. We got a bigger Honey Badger. The Packers desperately wanted a boundary CB, they tried to poach Fuller who's not much taller. Don't know if James can play the boundary as affective as this kid. I'm ecstatic we landed this kid along with a future 1st. Can't see how anyone could be disappointed with the outcome last night.

The height is the only thing I don't like about Alexander. I've had a really good feeling about him from what I've read as well, but was more interested in Minkah and Derwin. However, Alexander's basically a quicker, bigger, and stronger version of Denzel Ward IMHO. I hope he stays healthy and I can't wait to see him on the field.

I'm not at all concerned about his size.  I feel like if a team has size up front, don't really need it too much out of your corners.  He might struggle against taller receivers, but we've got Kevin King for that.  Really no reason at all that I can see to be disappointed with Alexander.  I feel happier with him than any first pick we've had since Clinton-Dix, and other than Clinton-Dix, the only pick I was happier with was Clay Matthews.  Alexander is young, fast, aggressive... Everything I want out of a defensive first pick. 

Does anybody have an interview from him after he was drafted?  I'd love a link if so. 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm not at all concerned about his size.  I feel like if a team has size up front, don't really need it too much out of your corners.  He might struggle against taller receivers, but we've got Kevin King for that.  Really no reason at all that I can see to be disappointed with Alexander.  I feel happier with him than any first pick we've had since Clinton-Dix, and other than Clinton-Dix, the only pick I was happier with was Clay Matthews.  Alexander is young, fast, aggressive... Everything I want out of a defensive first pick. 

Does anybody have an interview from him after he was drafted?  I'd love a link if so. 

I don't think he will. He's got the physicality to eliminate the taller receiver unless it's a jump ball situation and I would even question that.

25 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Packers.com has a interview with him

1 hour ago, Joe said:

The height is the only thing I don't like about Alexander. I've had a really good feeling about him from what I've read as well, but was more interested in Minkah and Derwin. However, Alexander's basically a quicker, bigger, and stronger version of Denzel Ward IMHO. I hope he stays healthy and I can't wait to see him on the field.

I like Jaire but this is untrue.

Denzel is taller, timed faster in both the 40 and the 10 split. Denzel also beat him in the vert & broad. Jaire is probably stronger though. 

32 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Who was the doofus Dave Dameshek interviewing him?  That was an awkward interview.  Awkward as hell. 

Good lord that was unbearable.  I don’t understand why people have to act like that, I could barely get through that cringe.

28 minutes ago, Blink said:

Good lord that was unbearable.  I don’t understand why people have to act like that, I could barely get through that cringe.

That guy is a buffoon. He thinks he's hilarious. I didn't watch it but I'm glad I didn't

Archived