1st Round Pick (18th Overall): Jaire Alexander [CB; Louisville]

CWood21

20 hours ago, Golfman said:

Need players this year. Rodgers isn't getting younger. 

But this is exactly the player the Packers needed. A corner who should be able to start outside or play nickel from day one. I think with the additions of Kevin King last year, along with Jaire Alexander, Tramon Williams, and Davon house this year to the secondary that Pettine has a pretty decent cupboard to work with. We have a deep group of corners now and some veteran experience. Something we haven't had in a while. Plus some additional pass rush with the addition of M Wilkerson. Up front we have a DL of Daniels, Clark, and Wilkerson, and Perry outside. I'm a much bigger proponent of inside pass rushers than edge rushers. That's a pretty formidable defensive front. I think our defense could be Top 10 next year. Pettine is going to get much more out of these players than Dom could ever dream of. I also think swapping Nelson for Graham is a big move that will open up this offense. A dynamic TE really opens up an offense and create headaches for the opposing defense. Why do you think NE always has WRs and RBs wide open all over the field? I think Philbin is going to be able to get our offense back up to the level that it used to be. Edgar Bennett and Tom Clements were colossal failures as Offensive Coordinators. They were just dead weight. They are simply position coaches and nothing else. They simply relied on Aaron Rodgers playing at a superhuman level week after week (ie scramble drill, free plays, etc).  

20 hours ago, cannondale said:

Most of them are 5-7 - color me unimpressed

That just means Gute has some ammo to move up in the 2nd or pick up a 3rd. We went into this draft with the most picks of any team. I was initially shocked and disappointed when we traded down but Gute redeemed himself by trading up and grabbing Jaire. I was just so accustomed to conservative Ted that I thought we were just going to stay put at #27 after the trade with New Orleans. I thought maybe TT was still  secretly running the show.

6 minutes ago, strat1080 said:

That just means Gute has some ammo to move up in the 2nd or pick up a 3rd. We went into this draft with the most picks of any team. I was initially shocked and disappointed when we traded down but Gute redeemed himself by trading up and grabbing Jaire. I was just so accustomed to conservative Ted that I thought we were just going to stay put at #27 after the trade with New Orleans. I thought maybe TT was still  secretly running the show.

Don't know if they have enough ammo to move back into the 3rd - technically they do but you have to find someone that wants late rounders. Likely gonna have to combine a 2nd round move back, possibly further weakening what we get

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Jersey I'd guess

lololol for some reason I thought a J was a joint and that he was talking about some mysterious closet where good rookies get to smoke weed and no one asks questions. Needless to say I was pretty confused

7 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

lololol for some reason I thought a J was a joint and that he was talking about some mysterious closet where good rookies get to smoke weed and no one asks questions. Needless to say I was pretty confused

This sounds mysterious and exciting. We can run with this version instead.

Archived